How to Make a Pendant: 45 DIY Pendant Projects
By: Kelly Spence, editor of AllFreeJewelryMaking
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Have a plain chain that needs dressing up? Put a pendant on it! Adding a pendant to a chain, cord, or strand of beads gives your piece a focal point, not to mention a lot of personality. There are a variety of tutorials out there to learn how to make a pendant, so you can easily find the technique that suits your style and skill set best. Here in How to Make a Pendant: 45 DIY Pendant Projects, we've covered a range of pendant tutorials, from wire wrapping to beading, clay to crochet.
Learn how to make a pendant in every way possible, and revamp those boring old strands of beads with a pretty pendant focal point. With 45 patterns, you are sure to find several pendants you love and want to make right away. We can't wait for you to get started!
If you love these pretty pendant projects, then you will adore the designs found in AllFreeJewelryMaking's free eBook, How to Make A Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas!
How to Make a Pendant: 45 DIY Pendant Projects
Table of Contents
Get wrapped up in your art with these wire wrapped pendant projects. Wire wrapping is perfect for learning how to make a pendant because you can take a gemstone or focal bead without a hole or bail and turn it into a DIY pendant ready to adorn a cord. Wire wrapping also lets you create pendants with different shapes and structures. These wire pendant tutorials range from simple to more intricate, so there's something for every skill level.
- Curvy Wire Wrapped Pendant
- Droplet Pendant
- Purple Passion Pendant
- Dreamcatcher Heart Pendant
- Wire Wrap Woven Pendant Tutorial
- Beachy Wire Sea Star Pendant
- Sunshine Spiral Beaded Wire Pendant
- Love Your Thread Wrapped Necklace
- Peach Twist Pendant
- Red Heart Pearl-Lined Wire Pendant
- Topaz Sunburst Pendant
- Wire Crystal Necklace
- Wire-Wrapped Dollar Store Glass Pendant
Want to learn more wire-wrapping skills? Check out our fan-favorite collection of 42 Simple Wire Jewelry Making Tutorials!
If you're a beader through and through, then these beaded pendant patterns are the ones for you. Rather than featuring one large focal bead, learn how to make a pendant by weaving a bunch of beads together into a single, beautiful piece with these patterns.
- Gorgeous Green Brick Bead Pendant
- Pretty Beaded Heart Pendant Pattern
- Freeform Peyote Beaded Geode Pendant
- Seed Bead Sunflower Pendant
- Sparkling Rivoli Pendant
- How to Stitch a Beaded Heart Pendant
- Square Stitch Butterfly
Mold a pendant masterpiece with these clay pendant tutorials! Clay lets you get creative with shape, color, and style, so these DIY pendants are some of the most imaginative of the bunch.
- Candy-Coated Necklaces
- Modern Geometric Pendant
- Dynamic Heart Pendant
- Simple, Adorable Clay Owl Pendant
- Chevron Polymer Clay Pendant
- Clay Leaf Pendant
- Faux Dichroic Glass Pendant
- Strawberry Chains Forever Necklace
- Reversible Ripple Pendant
- How to Make a Quick Owl Head
- Shimmering Plum Swirls Necklace
- Textured Polymer Clay Pendant
Having fun crafting these clay pendant projects? Try making more fabulous DIY clay jewelry tutorials in this collection of 40 Polymer Clay Projects for Jewelry and Clay Beads!
If you love the look of glass pendants, then you'll probably love these resin pendant projects too. Resin gives you that same glossy shine but is much more accessible and affordable. Learn how to make a pendant featuring your favorite images and motifs with these resin pendant tutorials. (And if you're too intimidated by resin, try one of the projects using Mod Podge or epoxy stickers!)
- DIY Resin Cameo Necklace
- Floral Dimensional Magic Pendant
- Glazed Paper Butterfly Necklace
- Pressed Flower Pendant Video Tutorial
- Quick Steampunk Pendant
- Vintage Resin Pendant
- Washer Necklaces
- Steampunk Bookworm Resin Necklace
Even yarn lovers can get in on the pendant making fun! Learn how to make a pendant using the same stitches and techniques you would use to make a scarf or a doily with these crocheted pendant patterns. If you're an avid crocheter with a lot of yarn scraps, these small pendant patterns will be a great way to use up some of that stash.
- Scarlet Coiled Medallion Necklace
- Chain and Crochet Statement Necklace
- Crochet Pineapple Pendant Necklace
- Tiny Granny Square Necklace
- Crochet Skull Necklace
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 54 DIY Cuff Bracelets
- Beginner Beading Tutorials: How to Peyote Stitch, Brick Stitch, Square Stitch and More
- "Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects" eBook
- "Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets" eBook
- "12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening" eBook
- How to Make Bangles: 36 Bangle Bracelet Tutorials
- 16 Free Jewelry Making Projects for Beginners + 8 Basic Tips
- Bead Stringing Tutorial For Beginners
- 30 Easy Bracelets To Make For Beginners
- How to Make a Pendant: 45 DIY Pendant Projects
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrolling Spiral Wire Ring
- Simple Wire Ring or Ring Base
- Wrapped Peach Aventurine Ring
- Golden Snitch Wire Ring
- Wire Wrapped Circle Ring Tutorial
- Bohemian Midi Ring
- Floating Opal Blossoms Bracelet
- 32 Free Online Beaded Bridal Jewelry Patterns
- Sparkle and Stardust Bracelet
- Royal Purple DIY Multi-Strand Necklace