How to Stitch a Beaded Heart Pendant
Share the love! Learn How to Stitch a Beaded Heart Pendant for a flirty necklace to wear on Valentine's Day. This sparkly heart pendant pattern uses crystal beads, but you could also use seed beads or pearls to create a look that suits your personal style. Complete with a video tutorial, this homemade pendant project is perfect for February 14ht. Stitch up a storm and create this cute and sparkly beaded heart piece. You are sure to fall in love with this adorable DIY pendant.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStitched
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- (38) 4mm bicone beads
- two beading needles
- beading thread (I am using Nymo thread.)
- a jump ring
- a chain necklace
- two pairs of pliers
- a pair of scissors
- clear nail polish or some clear glue
- beading mat (optional)
- Cut a 3-foot length of beading thread. Thread each end with a beading needle.
- String on 4 beads and center them on the thread. Slide the right needle through the left side of the furthest bead to the left and pull tight. You will have formed a tiny cross.
- String on 2 beads on the right side and 1 bead on the left side. Slide the left needle through the top of the top bead on the right side and pull. Tie an overhand knot.
- Work on the right side first. String on 4 beads and slide the needle down through the top right bead.
- String on 2 more beads and slide the needle up through the first and last beads in the last step. Note: You must slide the needle on the right side of the last bead and the left side of the first bead. Carefully watch the video to see what I am talking about.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for left side.
- Now take the left thread and slide it through the outside beads around the heart. Do the same for the right side. When the two ends meet again in the middle, tie an overhand knot. Hide the ends by running them through a couple beads and then cutting the excess string.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for another heart. Do not cut the excess string in step 7—we need that to connect the hearts!
- Set one of the hearts on top of the other heart. Open the jump ring. Attach the jump ring in the center of the heart and carefully close it.
- Taking one of the leftover strings from the last heart you made, stitch the two hearts together by criss-crossing the beads on the outside. Once you reach the center again, tie the two strands together and hide the ends by threading them through a few beads.
- Apply a touch of nail polish or glue to the knots. Let dry and then cut any excess.
- Attach your heart pendant to a chain necklace.
Read NextCrystal Chandelier Earrings Tutorial