How to Make Bangles: 36 Bangle Bracelet Tutorials
Learn how to make homemade bangles with this collection of bangle bracelet tutorials!
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
So you love making bracelets, but you've strung every beading pattern under the sun and are looking for a new challenge? If this is you, then discover new ways to make bracelets by learning how to make bangles! Bangle bracelets are a fashion-forward way to accessorize that always looks hip and chic. They're back in trend; so, this collection is a fun way to look on-point without hurting your wallet.
What are different ways to make bangles?
There are simple silver bangles for more sophisticated style, or there are funky beaded bangles for an eclectic gypsy-esque look. No matter which way you wear them, bangles always look trendy and stylish, and making homemade bangles lets you take control of the trend! Create bangles perfectly suited to your individual style with How to Make Bangles: 36 Bangle Bracelet Tutorials.
There are many different ways of making bangles, and we've rounded up a range of awesome bracelet tutorials so you can try your hand at a variety of techniques. From beaded bangles to clay bangles, recycled bangles to upcycled bangles, this collection of jewelry projects will show you how to make bangles in every way imaginable.
How do you wear bangle bracelets?
Can't choose which bracelet tutorials you like best? Then make them all and stack them up on your wrist for the full effect! Bangles are meant to be layered, so you can never have too many. Learn how to make bangle bracelets and create a whole collection of your own. Go ahead and try all these different ways to make bracelets and you'll end up with an armful of awesome accessories.
Table of Contents
What are Bangles?
Bangles are an inflexible piece of jewelry worn around the wrist. Unlike other bracelets, bangles are not flexible. Whether you make them out of metal or clay or a recycled materials, you are sure to enjoy making your own bangles. You can dress them up with beads and lace, or leave them to be simple and sophisticated.
Basic Steps for Making a Bangle:
- Create your shape.You can use a glass or circular vase (even a small can) to help you measure the right size for you bangle (this works particularly well for wire bangles).
It's important to measure the size of your wrist since, as noted above, bangles are not flexible.
- Use an adhesive, like glue, to close the bangle.
- Personalize your DIY bangles. Decorate your bangle with silk, thread, beads, etc
Recycled Bangle Tutorials
Make recycled bangles!
Learning how to make bangles can be an eco-friendly venture when you use recycled materials! These homemade bangle tutorials show you how to use some old cardboard or an empty water bottle as the base for a brand new bangle bracelet. Not only are you adding a cute new accessory to your wardrobe, but you're helping the environment, too. Jewelry can't get much better than that!
Love the look of your new bangles. Well, bangles are meant to be stacked on top of each other, so check out this awesome collection for even more stackable inspiration and projects! Have an Arm Party! 30 Stackable Bracelets to Make
Upcycled Bangle Tutorials
For upcycling fans! Some of the best bangle making projects are those that turn tired old accessories into something fresh and new.
These project ideas demonstrate how to make upcycled jewelry by revamping boring old bracelets with fabric, embroidery floss, paint, and other embellishments.
Note from the designer of the Glamorous Glitter Bangle:
"Feel free to combine colors of glitter or even alternate between them. I'd recommend pouring a small amount into the funnel, tapping to let the glitter fall through, then repeating until the tube is full. By doing this in intervals, you can avoid overpouring glitter and creating a big (yet pretty!) mess."
- Kirsten Nunez, Wild Amor
Wonderful Wire! Try making even more different styles of bracelets with this awesome collection. If you are a fan of wire jewelry you are definitely going to fall in love with this list of DIY bracelets! 20 Gorgeous Wire Bracelet Patterns
Clay Bangle Tutorials
Make them with clay!
You can form almost anything with clay, so why not learn how to make bangles with this malleable material? These clay jewelry projects let you get creative with color, pattern, and shape. Whip out your clay and get started!
If you want even more different bracelets styles and patterns that will look fabulous with your new bangles check out this collection. These different bracelet patterns help to give a boho chic feeling to your lovely jewelry pieces! 29 Easy, Breezy Hemp Bracelet Patterns
Beaded Bangle Tutorials
It's better with beads!
Beaded bracelets always make a fun and funky fashion statement. Whether you're stringing beads on wire or wiring them on as charms, you're sure to attract attention with a wrist full of beaded bangle bracelets. Grab your bead stash and learn about the possibilities of bangle making!
Special note from the designers of the Boho Chic Rainbow Bangles:
“One of our favorite things about making bangles is that you don’t have to attach a clasp! And these ribbon wrapped bangles go together super fast and require no special skills!”
- Jennifer & Kitty O’Neil, Running With Sisters
Cuff bracelets are IN and you definitely don't want to miss out on the trend! If you loved making these bangles, then you need to check out this collection of 54 DIY Cuff Bracelets
Make it metallic!
Metallic jewelry pieces are beautiful and classic. They go with everything and put a chic finishing touch on any ensemble. Learn how to make bangles using traditional metalwork techniques, wire wrapping, and more with these jewelry tutorials.
Feed your bracelet obsession with these fantastic free patterns! We know you'll love this "Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets" eBook
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- "Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects" eBook
- Beginner Beading Tutorials: How to Peyote Stitch, Brick Stitch, Square Stitch and More
- "Making Beaded Jewelry: 11 Free Seed Bead Patterns and Projects" eBook
- Seed Beads Guide for Beginners
- How to Make Bangles: 36 Bangle Bracelet Tutorials
- "Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets" eBook
- "12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening" eBook
- Bead Size Chart
- No Sweat Beaded Bracelet
- 16 Free Jewelry Making Projects for Beginners + 8 Basic Tips
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cutest Beaded Bezel Rings
- DIY Upcycled Tights Necklace
- DIY Shrink Plastic Rings
- Snowflake Resin Jewelry Tutorial
- Glamorous Long Beaded Necklace
- Quick DIY Square Earrings
- How to Make All-in-One Headpin Earrings
- How to Clean Jewelry: Cleaning Silver, Gold, and More
- EnviroTex Jewelry Clay
- Crystal Lantern Earrings
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials