Easy Wire Heart Necklace and Earrings
Running out of time and need the perfect piece for your Valentine's Day outfit? These free wire jewelry making instructions for an Easy Wire Heart Necklace and Earrings are super easy and quick to put together and super cute when finished! You'll have just what you need to woo your date and it'll be handmade! The fabulous jewelry making tutorial is complete with an easy-to-follow video. Follow along and create your own homemade necklace, set of DIY earrings, and possibly even a bracelet.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings, Necklace
- 20 gauge wire
- Wire cutter
- Round nose pliers
- 2 lengths of chain (length dependent on necklace length)
- 8 jump rings
- 2 ear wires
- For pendant – Cut approx. 8 inches of 20 gauge wire. Gently bend wire in half forming a small loop at middle.
- Twist wire to secure small loop at bottom.
- With ends together, grasp with round nose pliers. Now bend wires first around the one side of plier and then again around both ends of pliers forming loops.
- Remove the pliers and with fingers, gently continue bending/folding the wire, following the initial bends, to approximately half way the length of the heart. With the loops facing towards you, bend them towards the center, forming the heart shape.
- Use your hands/fingers to mold/form your desired heart shape. Note: The heart can be left as is, or can be connected with a small jump ring or the center loops can be crossed and twisted to connect.
- Earring hearts can be made with smaller pieces of wire.
- Cut 2 lengths of chain to the desired length of necklace.
- Attach a jump ring to one end of the chain and then attach one end of the closure.
- Close and secure the jump ring.
- Repeat to the other length of chain.
- Now, attach a jump ring to the other end of the chain and to one side of the heart. Close and secure the jump ring. Repeat on other side.
- Attach jump ring to heart at the points where the loops meet at the middle/top.
- Attach another jump ring to the first jump ring along with the ear wire.
- Close and secure jump ring. Repeat to second earring. Note: To achieve an “upside down” heart – attach jump ring to bottom loop (of heart) and attach to jump ring.
You can make a bracelet too! Same as necklace, with adjustments made to the length of chain. Additional bracelet option: Form one length of chain with closure to wrist. Attach jump ring to heart and to one link of chain to form a “charm” bracelet.
Read NextOvals and Onyx Beaded Necklace