Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets are all the rage lately with celebs and fashionistas. Follow these easy macrame square knot instructions to make your own stackable square knot beaded bracelets. It's a fun and easy project that's perfect for summer accessorizing. Choose your favorite color cord and beads, watch this helpful video tutorial to learn how to macrame these square knot beaded bracelets, and then get started making your own DIY bracelet. This colorful and fun project is sure to become a staple of your summer jewelry collection.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- Your choice of cording (leather, jute, cotton, etc.)
- Your choice of beads (just make sure your bead holes will accommodate the cord size)
- Small binder clip
- Super glue
- Nail polish
- Decorative shank button
Love the silver bracelet in the picture? Eva's done a tutorial on it, too! DIY Hex Nut Bracelet
Cut one length of cord approximately 24 inches. Fold in half and secure the looped side under the clip on the clipboard. Secure the two free ends with the binder clip on the lower edge of the clipboard.
Cut the second length of cord approximately 60 inches long and center under the two cords on your clipboard.
Make square knots for 1¼ to 1½ inches. (See How to Make a Square Knot below.)
Note: Make sure your button can pass through the loop at the top before you continue.
Place one bead on the left side and bring to top. Repeat on the other side.
Square knot under the beads either once or twice (depending on the desired look).
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for desired length (approximately 4 inches for a 7-inch bracelet).
Square knot another 1¼ to 1½ inches.
Release the two cords secured with the binder clip and slip both through the shank button. Position button under last square knot.
Make two square knots under the button to secure.
Take two left cords and tie together tightly. Repeat with two right cords.
Put a drop of super glue on ends; let dry.
Once the glue is dry, clip the ends close to knots.
Fasten and wear your new “Arm Candy” bracelet.
How to Make a Square Knot
Begin with the center cord(s) straight up and down (fasten to secure).
Take the second cord and place it under the center cord, horizontally and centered.
Position the left side over the center cords, leaving an open area.
Take the right side and place over the left cord, then under the center cord(s) and up through the loop that was formed in step 3.
Pull gently on the two ends and tighten. This forms the first half of the square knot.
Position the right side over the center cord(s), leaving an open area.
Take the left side and place over the right cord, then under the center cord(s) and up through the loop that was formed in step 6.
Pull gently on the two ends and tighten. This forms your completed square knot.
If you are looking for more macrame bracelet patterns, be sure to check out our collection of 34 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets
6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
Enchanting Emerald Evening Earrings
Girly Crystal Flower Necklace
Irish Linen Wrap Bracelet
Salt Dough Heart Pendants
Beads 101: Your Guide to Different Types of Beads
Crystal Bangle Stacking Bracelets
DIY Pop Tab Bracelet
Basic Ladder Stitch Video Tutorial
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Wire Wrapped Design--How to Make Bracelet with Beads and Wire
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make Beaded Dangling Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Original DIY - How to Make Beaded Chain Tassel Earrings
- Turquoise Teardrop Copper Necklace
- Sapphire Chandelier Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Glass Pearl Dangle Earrings
- Easy Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Chip Gemstone Bead Chain Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on how to Make Beautiful Glass Cabochon Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials