6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Sometimes watching someone explain something is the best way to learn. That's why we put together this collection of 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started. Clear up any confusion with tools and techniques to get started on the jewelry projects you really want to make. Learn which tools are essential to have in your tool box, how to make a wire loop, and how to make a simple beaded bracelet. If you've never made jewelry before, these videos will make it easy for you to pick up and start beading after a trip to the bead store.
Get Started with Jewelry Making: DIY Jewelry Tools Guide
This is the perfect introductory video to tools and findings. The video tutorial very clearly goes through all the various tools you would need to get started in jewelry making and makes you familiar with any strange terms you may have heard. Candie very clearly goes through each jewelry making tool so that you can see what each one looks like and what purpose it serves. Plus, this DIY jewelry guide also gives you tips on what to look out for and avoid when it comes to picking up different jewelry making tools.
Beads 101: Your Guide to Different Types of Beads
Here’s another informative how-to video about the world of beads. Making beaded jewelry for beginners can be intimidating because of all the different kinds of beads you can use. Candie will take you through the different kinds of beads, from glass beads to metal beads. You’ll be inspired to take your jewelry game to the next level.
How to String Beads
If you've watched the first two videos, you are now ready to jump into learning how to string beads. This jewelry making how-to video shows you how to make a simple strung bracelet and a beginner necklace. It's one of the easiest ways to create a beaded jewelry piece, and you will learn about the best wire and elastic to use for what. This technique is a great way to get started with jewelry making because it is easy, it's fast, and you can feel free to come up with lots of different designs. Once you see how easy they are to create, you can surprise your friends with unique handmade jewelry gifts that will leave them speechless.
How to Use Jump Rings
Jump rings are essential to jewelry making. They are the round links that connect clasps to bracelets and necklaces and can join beads together. If you are also interested in learning how to work with chainmaille, learning how to use jump rings will be essential to creating intricate chainmaille jewelry. You can also use jump rings to replace or add links to your favorite piece of DIY jewelry. The process is simpler than you might have imagined.
How to Use Bails
After watching up to this point, you are ready to learn more about a common, yet beautiful jewelry piece, the pendant. A jewelry bail attaches a pendant to a necklace, so it’s a must-have in making jewelry. You will create beautiful pendant necklaces in no time. Pendants are simple because you can easily make them very intricate and simply slip them onto a chain. They stand out beautifully on their own.
How to Add a Clasp
Once you finish a DIY bracelet, you might run into the struggle of bringing your piece to an end. This is a great resource for beginners because it will break down one of the most important parts of DIY jewelry: the finish! Candie will show you how to put your final touch using a lobster clasp with a crimp tube. You will also learn how to add decorations at the ends of the bracelet to make it look professional and beautiful.
Looking for even more beginner-friendly inspiring projects? Check out this "Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects" eBook
Bonus! More How-To Jewelry Making Videos
Now that you've mastered all the basic tools and beginner jewelry making techniques, you're ready to try making some fabulous finished pieces. These how-to jewelry making videos will show you more basic tips and tricks, along with the steps to creating gorgeous accessories so that you can watch and learn. Follow along with the video tutorials to create some fabulous new jewelry pieces.
1. DIY Jewelry Clasp
2. How to Use Crimp Beads
3. How to Make a Stamped DIY Pendant
4. Hemp Jewelry Inspiration Guide
5. Charming DIY Leather Bracelet
For more jewelry making video tutorials, be sure to check out our collection, Bead Along with Us! 42 DIY Jewelry How-To Videos
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
This Simply Stunning Statement Necklace is perfect if you are looking to learn how to make a necklace that is elegant in its… Continue reading: "Simply Stunning Statement Necklace"
- Ovals and Onyx Beaded Necklace
- Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets
- 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
- How to Stitch the Basic Daisy Chain
- Irish Linen Wrap Bracelet
- Basic Ring Dangle Earrings Tutorial
- Basic Beaded Bracelet Tutorial
- Beads 101: Your Guide to Different Types of Beads
- Wrap Bead Bracelet Video
- Easy Green Glass Bead Necklace
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials