6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
By: Maggie Kmiecik, Editor, allfreejewelrymaking.com
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Sometimes watching someone explain something is the best way to learn. That's why we put together this collection of 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started. Clear up any confusion with tools and techniques to get started on the jewelry projects you really want to make. Learn which tools are essential to have in your tool box, how to make a wire loop, and how to make a simple beaded bracelet. If you've never made jewelry before, these videos will make it easy for you to pick up and start beading after a trip to the bead store.
6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
Table of Contents
Get Started with Jewelry Making
Beading Tool Kit - Jewelry Making
Learn How to Bead - Beading Basics Instructional Video
Basic Beading Lesson 2 - Wire Wrapping
Jewelry Making - How to Wire Wrap a Pendant
How to Make Jump Rings Using Wire
Bonus! Three More How-To Jewelry Making Videos
If you love learning different jewelry making techniques through how-to video tutorials, than you do not want to miss out on our jewelry videos category page! This has tons of videos that you are going to fall in love with!
By Catherine Fox for FaveCrafts
This is the perfect introductory video to tools and findings. The video tutorial very clearly goes through all the various tools you would need to get started in jewelry making and makes you familiar with any strange terms you may have heard. Catherine very clearly goes through each jewelry making tool so that you can see what each one looks like and what purpose it serves. She also shows you the different types of jewelry findings or closures that you would need before beginning your jewelry making.
By Sarah for Jewelry Supply
Here's another informative how-to video about tools used in jewelry making. Jewelry making for beginners can be intimidating because of all the different tools that you can use for the various types of jewelry. This is a slightly more in-depth look at what each tool does and what kinds of tools are included in most beginner jewelry making kits.
By Karla Schafer for Auntie's Beads
If you've watched the first two videos, you are now ready to jump into making a simple beaded bracelet. This jewelry making how to video shows you how to make a simple strung bracelet using beading wire and crimp beads. It's one of the easiest ways to create a bracelet next to stretch cord, but it's sturdier and the clasp gives it a more professional finish. This technique is a great way to get started with jewelry making because it is easy, it's fast, and you can feel free to come up with lots of different designs. Once you see how easy they are to create, you can surprise your friends with unique handmade jewelry gifts that will leave them speechless.
If you've already played around with the tools a bit, the next step would be to start playing around with wire--an important material in jewelry making. This how-to video shows you how to make simple wire loops used to make bead links for necklaces, bracelets, and even anklets. It is a simple jewelry making technique that will take you very little time to master and will add another dimention to your work.
After watching up to this point, you are ready to try a common, yet beautiful technique in jewelry making which is creating a wire-wrapped pendant. Learning how to wire wrap a pendant will allow you to create beautiful wire wrapped jewelry in no time. Pendants are simple because you can easily make them very intricate and simply slip them onto a chain. They stand out beautifully on their own.
Jump rings are essential to jewelry making. They are the round links that connect clasps to bracelets and necklaces and can join beads together. If you are also interested in learning how to work with chainmaille, making your own jump rings will be essential to having all the supplies you need to create intricate chainmaille jewelry. The process is simpler than you might have imagined as this video quickly shows you how to make your own jump rings.
Now that you've mastered all the basic tools and beginner jewelry making techniques, you're ready to try making some fabulous finished pieces. These how-to jewelry making videos will show you the steps to creating gorgeous accessories so you can watch and learn. Follow along with the video tutorials or, if you prefer, check out the step-by-step instructions that accompany these jewelry making videos.
- Charm Bead and Cluster Pendant
- Crystal Butterfly Necklace Tutorial
- Dangle in a Hoop Beaded Earrings
- Recycled Tile DIY Ring
- How to Make a Stamped DIY Pendant
For more jewelry making video tutorials, be sure to check out our collection, Bead Along with Us! 42 DIY Jewelry How-To Videos!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Dramatic Beaded Chain Dangle Choker
- Basic Ring Dangle Earrings Tutorial
- Sleek Hematite Heart Bracelet
- 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
- Girly Crystal Flower Necklace
- Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets
- Modern Pearl Necklace and Earring Set
- How to Make Ear Wires
- Pressed Flower Pendant Video Tutorial
- How to Add a Clasp
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Garden Inspired Shawl Pin
- Fat Lady DIY Harry Potter Necklace
- Rose DIY Resin Earrings
- Missoni Knockoff Necklace
- DIY Anthropologie Purl One Bracelet
- The Julie Necklace
- Wedded Bliss Beaded Kumihimo Necklace
- Square Stitch Bracelet Tutorial
- Easy Glam Right Angle Bracelet
- Easy Swirl Bracelet