DIY Holiday Earrings 5 Ways
Looking for some Christmas jewelry ideas? This jewelry video for DIY Holiday Earrings 5 Ways gives you options to choose from! Make all 5 types or pick your favorite style and make a bracelet to match!
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeMetal, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeBracelet, Earrings
- Assorted jingle bells
- Sparkle pom poms
- Length of chain
- Jump rings
- Earring wires
- Closure for bracelet or necklace (used in video: lobster claw clasp) Head pins
- Flat nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Jingle Bell Earrings: Open jump ring, attach jump ring to jingle bell and earring wire. Close jump ring. Repeat for other earring.
- Jingle Bell Bracelet/Necklace: Cut length of chain for your wrist or neck size desired. Attach jump rings to jingle bells and place on the links of chain to your liking. Attach jump ring to lobster claw closure and attach to one end of chain. If using another form of closure, attach the additional piece of closure to the other end of chain.
- Snowball Earrings: Push head pin through pom poms. Using your round nose pliers hold the pin at the top of the pom pom and push the end of the pin down to form a 90 degree angle. Move your pliers to hold the pin to the top of the pin and then using your hand, or another pair of pliers, bend the wire back up and around the round nose pliers forming a loop. Move the round nose pliers again, holding the loop and then wrap the remaining wire at the base of loop. Wrap several times to secure. Clip remaining wire with cutters. Push down the cut end flush with the wire using your flat nose pliers so that there are no rough edges. Open a jump ring, slide onto the loop and onto the earring wire. Close jump ring.
- Chain Dangle Earrings: Cut a length of chain (I used 4.5 inches). Attach a jump ring to a link in the chain about one third up the length of the chain and also attach the earring wire. Close the jump ring.
- Chain Dangle Jingle Bell Earrings: Repeat 4 above, but attach (using a jump ring) a Jingle Bell to either or both ends of the chain.
- Chain Dangle Snowball Earrings: Repeat 4 above, but attach (using head pins – follow step 3 instructions) attach snowballs to ends of chain.