46 Free Chain Maille Jewelry Patterns
Create your own jump ring patterns, woven chain pieces, and more in this chainmaille patterns collection!
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Move over, medieval soldiers! Chain maille patterns aren't just for armor anymore! Chainmaille is a long-standing tradition in the jewelry world, and to pay homage to this time-honored jewelry-making technique, we've collected 46 Free Chain Maille Jewelry Patterns to inspire you to create your very own beautiful woven chain pieces and jump ring patterns. With free chain maille patterns like these, you'll look fierce on the fashion battlefield!
Whether you're looking for necklaces, bracelets, or earrings, this collection has free chain maille patterns to fit your jewelry-making needs. From box chain to Byzantine, from 4-in-1 to 12-in-1, you'll find a variety of free chainmaille jewelry patterns here! Even if you're new to the technique, you should be able to easily follow the chain maille instructions included in these simple tutorials. So stock up on jump rings, and make sure you have a couple quality pairs of pliers because we have enough chain mail patterns here to suit an army!
PLUS: To level up your chainmaille jewelry projects, make sure to watch our video on how to make chain maille rosette links! Check it out below:
Table of Contents
Chainmaille for Beginners
If you're new to making chainmaille, these beginner chainmaille tutorials are a great place to start! The chain maille instructions included in these tutorials will teach you the basic techniques for various styles of chainmaille so that you can go on to use them in your own chainmaille jewelry creations! Once you've mastered the fundamentals, you'll be ready to tackle all the free chain maille jewelry patterns below!
Tip: A jump ring opener is a handy alternative to a set of pliers. Check out this tutorial to learn more about this useful tool.
Necklace Chainmaille Patterns
Now that you've mastered some of the basics, you're ready to move on to turning those techniques into actual jewelry! The following chain mail patterns are all for fabulous necklaces.
From pendants, to chokers, to woven chainmaille bibs, we've included a range of free chain maille patterns here, so you're sure to find one that suits your style!
If you like these chain maille jewelry patterns, you will also like our metal wire jewelry tutorials. Learn how to wire wrap jewelry with our free eBook: "How to Wire Wrap Jewelry: 16 DIY Jewelry Wire Wrapping Tutorials" eBook
Bracelet Chainmaille Patterns
If you're looking for chain maille instructions to make beautiful chainmaille bracelets, then you're in luck!
From chunky, to dainty, and everything in between, we have plenty of lovely chain mail patterns for bracelets of all kinds. You are sure to love these jump ring patterns that will help you making stunning DIY bracelets.
Some of these tutorials even incorporate beads or colored jump rings to give your chainmaille bracelets some extra embellishment or a pop of color!
- Baby Pink Dragon Scale Bracelet
- 2 in 2 Chain Maille and Bead Bracelet Part 1
- 2 in 2 Chain Maille and Bead Bracelet Part 2
- Cabbage Patch Bracelet
- Chainmaille and Pearl Bracelet
- Easy and Colorful European 4 in 1 Bracelet
- Easy Faux Chainmaille Bracelet
- Spiral Chainmaille Bracelet
- Francesca Bracelet
- Helmsweave Chainmaille Bracelet
- Japanese 12-in-2 Bracelet and Ring
- Hocus Pocus Chainmaille Bracelet
- Ripple Chain Maille Bracelet
- Easy Jump Ring Bracelet
- Nestled Pearls Chainmaille Bracelet
- Intricate Japanese Chainmaille Pattern
Try out another jewelry making technique by diving into these lovely beading patterns. If you have never tried beading before this collection is a fantastic place to start! 75+ Best Free Bead Weaving Patterns
Earring Chainmaille Patterns
When you hear "free chain maille jewelry patterns," earrings might not come to mind, but we have chain mail patterns for earrings too!
If you want a quick chainmaille project, or if you're just starting out and feeling a bit intimidated, one of these free chain maille patterns for earrings would be the perfect place to start. Whip up some cute chain dangles with one of these designs!
- Mobius Flower Earrings
- Simple Boxchain Earrings
- Jewel Tone Cluster Earrings
- Simple Rainbow Chain Earrings
- Tri-Mobius Chainmaille Earrings
- Double Spiral Earrings
- Bead and Chain Dangle Earrings
- Japanese Flower Earrings
- Flat Mesh Earrings
- Christmas Tree Earrings
- Colorful Coiled Chainmaille Earrings
- Spike Scale Chainmaille Earrings
- Barrel Weave Chainmaille Earrings
- Beautiful Barcelona Earrings
What is your favorite chain maille pattern?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
46 Free Chain Maille Jewelry Patterns
Ripple Chain Maille Bracelet
Japanese 12-in-2 Bracelet and Ring
Byzantine Chain Maille Video Tutorial
Intricate Japanese Chainmaille Pattern
Helmsweave Chainmaille Bracelet
Chain Maille Rosette Links
DIY Body Chain
European 4-in-1 Diamond Chainmail Pendant
Dragon Scale Weave Tutorial
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials