We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
How pretty is this Baby Pink Dragon Scale Bracelet? Incorporating pink jump rings into chain mail jewelry designs give the hard metal a softer touch. Either way, the dragon scale weave is such a pretty design on its own. Read along with this tutorial and find helpful hints and tips about everything from which size rings to connect and how to add a clasp to this stunning DIY bracelet. If you want to know how to make a chainmaille bracelet, this tutorial is a good place to start.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- 20 gauge Stainless Steel wire cut into 260 3/16” (4.76mm) ID jump rings (Large Rings)
- 20 gauge Pink (12b) Artistic Wire® cut into 260 1/8” (3.18mm) ID jump rings (Small Rings)
- 20 gauge Stainless Steel wire cut into 6 7/64” ID jump rings (Tiny Rings)
- 1 Three-Strand slide clasp 355B-013
Make a chain of one large ring, one small ring, one large ring, one small ring, & one large ring. This will be the width of your bracelet, 5 rows wide.
Add 3 large rings. With an open large ring “trap” two closed large rings by positioning one large closed ring around each of the two small rings added in step 1. Start with the middle large ring. Take and open large ring, go through one small ring “trapping one closed large ring, encircle the small ring in the middle and go through the other small, “trapping” the second large closed ring. To complete the row, add a large ring to each of the outer small rings. These two large rings will hang loose. NOTE: Large rings only go through small rings and small rings only go through large rings.
You have just added 3 large rings. Now you will add 3 small rings. The 3 small rings are not added to the 3 open large rings you added in step 2, but will be added to the 2 closed large rings “trapped” in step 2. The first small ring connects the 2 large “trapped” rings in the middle. Take an open small ring and pick up the right large “trapped” ring and pick up the left large “trapped” ring. The second small ring attaches to the right large “trapped” ring and hangs loose. The third small ring is attached to the left large “trapped” ring and hangs loose. VERY IMPORTANT: Every time you add a row of small rings, turn the weave to the side, you will see the small rings sitting on top of the large rings. Make sure you tuck those small rings into the large rings before your proceed. If you do not tuck the small rings into the large rings, your weave will lock up. Also, every time you add a row of small rings they will be added behind the last row of large rings you just added.
You just added a row of 3 small rings, now you need to add a row of 2 large rings. These 3 small rings will be poking up through the 3 large rings added in step 2. Take a large open ring and pick up the right small ring you added in step 3, go around the small ring (added in step 1) and pick up the small ring you added in the middle in step 3. Take an open small ring and pick up the middle small ring added in step 3 and pick up the left small ring added in step 3.
You just added a row of 2 large rings, now you will add a row of 2 small rings to the 3 large rings you added in step 2. With an open ring pick up the right large ring added in step 2 and the middle large ring added in step 2. Take another open small ring and pick up the middle large ring added in step 2 and the left large ring added in step 2. Be sure to tuck these two small rings into the large rings.
You just added 2 small rings, now you will add a row of 3 large rings. Take an open large ring and pick up the right small ring added in step 5, encircle the small ring added in step 3 and pick up the left small ring added in step 5. Take an open large ring and add it to the right small ring added in step 5, it will hang loose. Take an open large ring and add it to the left small ring added in step 5, it will hang loose.
Adding The Clasp
Attach one half of the clasp to the three small rings you ended with in step 7 using 3 tiny rings.
For the other end; the end you started with, you will need to add 3 small rings to the 2 “trapped” large rings you added in step 2. To add these 3 small rings, follow step 7.
Attach the other half of the clasp to the three small rings you added in step 9 using 3 tiny rings.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Sparkly Statement DIY Bracelets
- Glamorous Sapphire Gemstone Bracelet
- Nestled Pearls Chainmaille Bracelet
- Vintage Pearl DIY Charm Bracelet
- Girls' Night Out Chain Weave Bracelet
- Baby Pink Dragon Scale Bracelet
- Simply Elegant Ombre Bracelets
- Chanel-Inspired Pearl Bracelet
- Chain and Pearls Bracelet
- Fancy Friendship Bracelets
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials