Chain Maille Rosette Links
This tutorial will show you a lovely but simple technique for creating Chain Maille Rosette Links. Use these easy chainmaille instructions to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets--anything! It's a more feminine take on chain maille jewelry design. Chainmaille is the perfect way to get a sophisticated jewelry style that blends the urban chic of the metallic jump rings with the elegance of the jump rings intricately woven together. The jewelry making technique will open up so many DIY jewelry possibilities. Get started today with this free jewelry making video.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeOther
- 12mm jump rings
- 7mm jump rings (quantity dependent on project; each rosette takes four 12mm jump rings and is connected with two 7mm jump rings)
- round nose pliers or flat nose pliers
- Open three of the four jump rings.
- Slide the closed jump ring onto one of the open jump rings and close.
- Line the two jump rings up.
- Slide the two jump rings onto the next open jump ring and close. Line up.
- Slide the three jump rings onto the last open jump ring and close.
- Your rosette is complete.
- Open two 7mm jump rings.
- Using your tools, hold an open jump ring and then place all four rings of the rosette link onto the open 7mm jump ring.
- Now place all four rings of the second rosette link onto the 7mm jump ring. Close the 7mm jump ring.
- Repeat with the second 7mm jump ring.
- Continue until you reach your desired length.