Red Jade Bracelet and Earrings Set
Add a pop of red to your outfit with this gorgeous Red Jade Bracelet and Earrings Set. This video gives you two free online jewelry making projects in one! Watch along to make your own matching jewelry set with a luscious berry color.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeBracelet, Earrings
- 2 ear hooks
- 2 jump rings
- 2 headpins
- 16 red (dyed) rectangle jade beads
- 2 crimp beads
- large leaf toggle clasp
- beading wire
- wire cutters
- crimping pliers
- 2 pairs of chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- Thread first crimp bead and one side of the clasp onto the wire.
- Loop the wire around and thread it through the crimp bead so the crimp bead is now over both wires.
- Slide the crimp bead up to where there is a small amount of space between the loop of the clasp and the crimp bead.
- Place your crimp bead on the back channel of your crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Turn your newly crimped bead so the smooth part is facing you and the dented part is facing away from you. Place the crimp bead in the front channel of the crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Thread on two of the jade beads. Snip the excess second (shorter) wire at this point, being careful not to clip your main wire.
- Thread on the remaining jade beads.
- Thread on a crimp bead and the second part of the clasp. Loop the wire around and repeat threading the second wire through two of the beads.
- Trim excess wire and repeat crimping process.
- You’re done! Now it is time to make the earrings.
- Thread a jade bead onto a headpin and snip off excess wire, leaving just under half an inch of wire above the bead.
- Using your round nose pliers, form a loop with the headpin wire above the bead and be sure it is closed.
- Open your jump ring; thread on looped headpin and earhook.
- Close jump ring.
- Repeat for second earring and you are done. Enjoy your new creation!
Read NextHow to Add a Clasp