New Dimensions in Bead and Wire Jewelry
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
New Dimensions in Bead and Wire Jewelry
Gifted by North Light Books
Reviewed by Jaclyn Holtzman
Margot Potter wants you as the canvas for her anything-but-conventional jewelry designs. In New Dimensions in Bead and Wire Jewelry, Potter treats her wire and beads as materials for her works of art, and she vows to share her love of the unexplored. Get lost in the wrapping, twisting, and coiling of wire as you make your way to dimensional mastery. Among the 30 show-stopping designs, you will not find one that is average or standard. Potter is all about pushing the envelope one wire sculpture at a time.
This lovely guide never leaves you in the dust as it holds your hand from the beginning lessons to the master creations of beauty. Step by step you will advance from novice to expert, masking the challenge with brilliant exercises of jewelry shaping. You are patiently guided through the basics of beading and bending, and you only must move on when you are ready.
One of my favorite features of this book is the section with variations provided alongside most projects. They give you another opportunity to practice a given skill or suggest a slight deviation from the featured design that might better suit your taste. Additionally, the passion which is vivid in each of Potter's passages is inspiring and motivational encouraging you to flip the pages and put your hands to work.
Wow crowds with the different forms wire takes as you contrast the coily, feminine, floral Magnoliophyta earrings with the harsher, edgy, spit-fire wire chain of the Arachne necklace. Although each design incorporates the same two materials, wire and beads, every piece is unique and drastically different. There are sculptures begging to sit on the wrist of a high-power business woman, delicate arrangements calling out for a trendy yet conservative mom, and stylish, boisterous works of art waiting for the chic college student to rock it on campus.
Explore the multiple dimensions of bead and wire jewelry as Margot Potter thinks outside of the box to lead you on the path less trodden. A couple of hours with this handbook full of intrigue and innovation, and you'll be hooked on wire.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Beware, this Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant is one of the most enchanting pieces you will ever create. Mount dazzling aqua beads six… Continue reading: "Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant"
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- My Friendship Bracelet Maker
- Explore, Create, Resinate
- WireLuxe Luxury Knit Wire
- Cute Crystal Beaded Heart Tutorial
- Petite Flower Bead
- Beaded Colorways
- Beebeecraft Beginners Project – Making a Blue Winding Bracelet with Glass Beads
- Swirls of Pearls WireLace Bracelet Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials