We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
by Susan Lenart Kazmer
Reviewed by Michael Sellick
Wild, Vivid and Contagious is how I would describe author Susan Lenart Kazmer. I have met Susan and her personality will blow you right out of the water. Extreme enthusiasm and passion when it comes to her artwork. You can't help but feel carried away and want to be part of creation process she shares.
Her pieces are breathtaking because there are so many elements inside one piece that you can't help but stare in wonder on how she came up with the concepts. If you were to ever look into playing with Mixed Media, this is a MUST HAVE book.
In person, you wouldn't think Susan messes around with blow torches or even any tools for that matter. She is a complete surprise from head to toe and has a creative mind that I would love to own myself. Susan's artwork has been displayed in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C. and the Art Institute in New York.
Her work tells a story, descriptions are so in depth that you can't help wonder how she was able to think on those levels. I have to say, there are so many great concepts within this book for joining materials, connections and excellent tips for creation that this book really is a great starting point. She uses ICE Resin herself to create pieces to really set things off.
She shows you how to mold your own pieces for your customization effects. If I were to pick a piece in this book that spoke to me the loudest, I would definitely say The Energy Talisman is my favorite. Again a recycled concept and the re-purposing of the pencils used within was ingenious. She captured time and the energy used within this one piece alone. For that alone, I admire what she has done and wouldn't hesitate to buy any of her pieces just to say I owned something unique and original. Aside from this outstanding book, Susan hosts workshops from time to time that allows you to get hands on instruction with her personally.
If this kind of art is for you, you must see the Forging A Wired Vine pattern.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Beware, this Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant is one of the most enchanting pieces you will ever create. Mount dazzling aqua beads six… Continue reading: "Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant"
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- My Friendship Bracelet Maker
- Explore, Create, Resinate
- WireLuxe Luxury Knit Wire
- Cute Crystal Beaded Heart Tutorial
- Petite Flower Bead
- Beaded Colorways
- Beebeecraft Beginners Project – Making a Blue Winding Bracelet with Glass Beads
- Swirls of Pearls WireLace Bracelet Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials