We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Gifted by: Interweave
Reviewed by Kelly Spence, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
If you've always been enchanted by the rippling, woven landscapes of chainmaille jewelry but have been too intimidated to try making it yourself, now is your chance to put those fears behind and tackle this stunning jewelry making technique. Chained, an extensive project and tutorial book by the talented Rebecca Mojica, is the key to unlocking your chainmaille creativity. Whether you're a veteran weaver or you're just getting started, Chained will teach you the intricate art of joining metal jump rings into glorious designs of all kinds.
Though it began as a technique used for creating armor, chainmaille has come a long way since its medieval days and is now being used to create spectacular accessories, from the simple and sophisticated to the opulent and ornate. Normally playing a behind-the-scenes role as connectors and findings, jump rings get the lead role (as well as all the supporting parts) in the context of chainmaille jewelry creations. Chained will give you a new appreciation for basic jump rings and allow you to see them in a new light. Who needs beads when you can create such show-stopping designs using only metal jump rings?
Chained begins with a basic overview of the fundamental steps, tools, and techniques that form the foundation for all chainmaille jewelry creations, providing essential information and knowledge for both beginner and seasoned weavers. It then takes you on a jewelry making journey through all of the most classic chainmaille styles and genres, exploring the theories behind Japanese, Byzantine, Helm, and
Coiled chainmaille and providing different projects and variations for each. So not only do you get insight into each technique, but you learn ways to actually apply them to creating your own amazing accessories.
Chained is your ultimate guide to all things chainmaille. Whether you're a beginner or an expert, you will get so much value from this image-rich, full-color, incredibly thorough and informative project book. Learn how to "create gorgeous chain mail jewelry one ring at a time" with Chained!
Learn how to make the Coiled Rubber Scallop Necklace:
BONUS! Get 25% off the Rubber Scallop Kit at www.bluebuddhaboutique.com/b3/projects/Coiled-Rubber-Scallop. Use the coupon code SCALLOP25 now through December 31, 2015.
You Might Also Like:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Spice up some simple silver hoops with this awesome video tutorial for how to make bead earrings. Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops add a… Continue reading: "Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops"
Cute Crystal Beaded Heart Tutorial
Assorted Bead Storage Tray from Bead Storage Solutions
The Big Book of Beading Patterns
My Friendship Bracelet Maker
The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Making Metal Clay Jewelry Book
French Knitter from Clover
The Complete Photo Guide to Beading
The Big-Ass Book of Bling
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Turquoise Teardrop Copper Necklace
- Sapphire Chandelier Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Glass Pearl Dangle Earrings
- Easy Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Chip Gemstone Bead Chain Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on how to Make Beautiful Glass Cabochon Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials