We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Gifted by North Light Books
Reviewed by Kelly Spence
Learn how to paint a beautiful jewelry masterpiece using beads as your palette with the help of Beaded Colorways by Beverly Ash Gilbert. This inspirational beading tutorial book guides you through the art of creating freeform bead weaving projects and palettes that are flowing, organic, and utterly enchanting to the eye. Learn how to combine beads and gems to create custom color blends called Bead Soups; then learn how to use those customized bead palettes to weave stunning freeform pieces that are as much works of art as accessories. You will never approach color choice in the same way again after reading Beaded Colorways.
If you have ever lacked inspiration when trying to find the right hues for a jewelry creation, Beaded Colorways is the book for you. Learn how to use a color wheel, discover different combinations, evaluate saturation and value, add highlights and shadows, and so much more as you follow along with the step-by-step, full-color photos. This book even comes with actual custom color wheels you can use as you create your own personal palettes.
Then, once you've mastered the process of color blending, Beaded Colorways will walk you through the basics of bead weaving, some helpful tips and techniques, and eventually, forging your own freeform beading path. Learn to weave dazzling bracelets, earrings, and necklaces that are so organic and free-flowing, they look almost as if they'd sprung from the ground or the branch of a tree. Learn how to work gems, pendants, shells, metal, and more into your jewelry creations using woven bead strands as the web that holds everything together. You'll even learn how to seamlessly stitch from one color to the next to create beautifully blended multi-color jewelry. Forget boring, uniform beading patterns; set your stitching free with the help of Beaded Colorways!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Create these lovely Lilac Ladder Stitch Wrap Bracelets with one of the best free beading patterns! Once you learn how to make a wrap… Continue reading: "Lilac Ladder Stitch Wrap Bracelets"
Cute Crystal Beaded Heart Tutorial
My Friendship Bracelet Maker
Creative Chain Mail Jewelry
Swirls of Pearls WireLace Bracelet Kit
French Knitter from Clover
The Absolute Beginner's Guide: Making Metal Clay Jewelry Book
Easy Beading, Vol. 7
Spotlight on Wire Book
Soft Touch "Steel" Crochet Hooks from Clover
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Beautiful Bracelet with Glass Round Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Glass Beads Earrings
- Beebeecraft tutorials on How to Make Three Strings Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Elegant Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Sweet Earrings
- Crochet Pendant Necklace
- Personalized Slap Bracelets
- Jade Lace Necklace Pattern
- Flowers in the Grass Necklace Pattern
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials