Steampunk Cuff Link Bracelet
Making steampunk jewelry is all about finding the perfect balance between industrial and romantic design elements, and this Steampunk Cuff Link Bracelet does all of that and more. The robust polymer clay links used in this tutorial give the chunky effect of a cuff but with the freedom of movement of a beaded bracelet. This beaded bracelet design is ideal for those who like to incorporate a bit of edge into their accessories while still keep it pretty and feminine. The cogs and gears featured in these artsy polymer clay beads are what steampunk is all about.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- three oval cuff bracelet links, approximately 1.5 inches x 1 inch (two holes on each side)
- 14 8mm jump rings
- eight small beads
- eight eye pins
- lobster clasp
- two pair chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Slide a bead onto an eye pin. Use round nose and chain nose pliers to make a loop with remaining pin. Cut off excess eye pin. Repeat to make a total of eight bead links.
- Open a jump ring; slide into a hole of a cuff bracelet link. Slide on a bead link and close jump ring. Open another jump ring; slide into corresponding hole in another cuff bracelet link. Slide on other end of bead link, being careful to keep everything straight and untwisted. Repeat to attach second pair of holes in cuff bracelet link. Repeat to attach third cuff bracelet link.
- Use jump rings to attach remaining four bead links to remaining four holes in cuff bracelet links.
- Attach remaining loops of two bead links (coming from the same cuff bracelet link) to a single jump ring. Repeat for remaining two bead links, adding a lobster clasp to this jump ring.