Gorgeous Gold and Black DIY Jewelry
These Gorgeous Gold and Black DIY Jewelry pieces are the perfect mix of chic and vintage for your outfit. With this tutorial, you will learn how to make a fabulous ring and elegant earrings. By using gold colored pieces and black rubber bands, your DIY earrings and ring will stay stylishly classic. In only easy five steps, you will have an intricately designed ring and matching earrings to keep or to give to your friends and family members as a gift combination.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeRing, Earrings
Black & Gold Ring
- 1 x large jump ring (we used size KK14 in jewelry brass)
- 3 x medium jump rings (we used size J16 in jewelry brass)
- 12-20 x small jump rings for the band (we used size H18 anodized aluminum in black)3
- 32-40 x tiny rubber o-rings for the band (we used size C19 in black)
Note: The number of small and tiny rings you need will depend on how large you need your ring to be. Each set of small rings gives you approx. 5/8″ for the band.
1. Start by scooping 13 tiny rings onto the open large ring. These rings will be used to attach the center domed rings and the band. Close the large ring.
2. Open a medium ring, scoop 6 tiny rings and then weave the medium ring through 3 of the tiny rings on the large ring. Close the medium ring.
Tip: You may find it helpful to pinch the rubber rings with your non-dominant hand to make the part your are weaving through a little bigger and easier to slip the ring through.
3. Open another medium ring and scoop 3 more tiny rings onto it. Skip 2 tiny rings for the band, then weave this ring through the next 3 tiny rings on the large ring as well as the 3 tiny rings on the first medium ring. Close this ring.
4. Open one final medium ring but do not scoop more tiny rings. Weave through the next 3 tiny rings that as well as the 3 on each of the other medium rings. Close this ring.
5. The band is simply a 2-in-2 strip. Start by opening a small ring, scooping 2 tiny rings onto it, and weaving it through two of the hanging tiny rings on the large ring. Close this ring and double it. Repeat this until your strip it long enough to wrap around your finger. Don’t forget, the final set of small rings will connect to the other two hanging rings you have left on the large ring.
That’s it – you’re done! Because you used rubber rings, the dome will be flexible so you can shape it to lay how you like.
Black & Gold Earrings
You can use the same size rings to create complimentary earrings. Use the same technique of scooping tiny rings onto the large ring, weaving through these and adding tiny rings to the medium rings to build this shape.
MATERIALS FOR EARRINGS
- 2 x large jump rings
- 6 x medium jump rings
- 24 x tiny rubber o-rings
- 2 x earwires in complimenting finish
Read NextBlue Willow Statement Necklace
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use