Chain of Hearts Bracelet
Make a beaded bracelet that will have your lover wanting to link arms! This video tutorial is for a delicate Chain of Hearts Bracelet that joins pale pink heart and pearl beads for a sweet, feminine appeal--perfect for Valentine's Day, but versatile enough for any occasion.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGlass, Pearl
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- heart-shaped glass beads (I am using Czech glass heart beads in light rose.)
- 6mm pearl beads
- delicate chain (I am using .5 x 2.5mm Silver Curb Link Chain.)
- eyepins (I am using 1 1/2" eyepins, but smaller would work.)
- a clasp (I am using a hook and eye clasp since this is a delicate bracelet.)
- wire cutters
- round-nose pliers
- bead board (optional)
- Lay out your bead design on a flat surface or a bead board. My design consists of a heart bead, a pearl bead, and another heart bead. This will be called a bead space. To determine how many bead spaces you will need, you will first need to decide how long your chain spaces will be. I prefer to keep mine smaller than the bead space. My bead space was ¾ inches long, so I ended up with a ½-inch chain space. So then I repeated my bead space design every ½ inch apart until I ended up with a bracelet of about 6 1/2 inches.
- Slide a bead space design onto an eyepin. Make a loop and cut any excess wire. Repeat this for each of the bead spaces.
- Cut your lengths of chain. I am cutting four ½-inch lengths of chain. To be accurate with each cut, I cut the first length of chain using a ruler as a guide. Then I count its links and cut the other lengths by counting their links.
- Open one loop of a beaded eyepin and attach a length of chain. Close the loop. Open another eyepin loop and attach the other end of the chain. Repeat this until you have connected all your chain and bead spaces.
- Attach each half of the clasp to each end of the bracelet by opening the eyepin loops. Close the loops.
Read NextSleek Hematite Heart Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 23, 2017
Oh I am so glad that I found this awesome website! I have already seen so many things that I want to make. This bracelet is so dainty and pretty and doesnt seem too difficult to make and I am already thinking about making a pair of earrings to go with them. And while I was typing this a friend popped in and now she wants a bracelet too so it looks like I am going to be quite busy lol
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use