Dangle in a Hoop Beaded Earrings
Why choose between dangles and hoops? With this free jewelry making video for Dangle-in-a-Hoop Beaded Earrings, you can have both in one fabulous accessory! Learn how to make dangle earrings that hang delicately within a halo of hammered metal.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Metal, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two ear wires
- two round hammered metal rings, approximately 1 inch across
- four jump rings
- two headpins, decorative or plain
- small beads and/or chips
- round nose pliers
- two pair chain nose pliers
- flush wire cutters
- Add enough beads or chips to a headpin so it’s ¼ inch shorter than inside diameter of hammered metal ring.
- Grasp headpin with pliers just at top of last bead. Bend pin at a 90° angle.
- Use round nose pliers to form a loop from remainder of headpin. Use flush cutters to trim off excess headpin wire.
- Using two pairs of chain nose pliers, open a jump ring.
- To this jump ring add beaded dangle you just made, the hammered metal ring, and another jump ring. Close jump ring.
- Open hanging loop of an ear wire and thread through second jump ring added in step 5.
- Repeat to make second earring.