Master Your Beading Patterns: 3 Little Ways to Be a Better Beader
Easy tips and tricks to turn you into a master beader in no time
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
If you are an avid DIY jewelry crafter, then chances are you have either dabbled in or thought about trying to make some form of beaded jewelry. Whether it be beaded bracelets, earrings, or necklaces, there seems to be some form a technique you need to know in order to even attempt the crafting process. Don't let your frustration on trying to learn certain beading patterns get the best of you; and, don't cave and just start buying your beaded jewelry online! You are perfectly capable of creating your own gorgeous pieces of DIY beaded jewelry like you see in the tutorials you watch.
At some point or another, even the best beaders out there had no clue what they were doing. Luckily, they learned DIY jewelry making tips and tricks along the way to make them the masters that they are. Now, these different tips and tricks can be passed along to you, so that you can start creating beautiful beading patterns in no time at all. Whether you are a beginning beader or have already been working on your beading technique, these super simple suggestions can help you! Be warned though, these tips and tricks will make beading become so easy for you, that you may very well not be able to stop yourself once you've started!
Check out this collection of beginner techniques that will have you a DIY jewelry making master! 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
Become a Better Beader
Tips for Bead Weaving Fanatics
Master the basics. Before you can start looking at super complex designs you have to make sure that you start smaller. Don't worry, you will work your way up to those enthralling difficult patterns, but you can't complete those without understanding all the basic stitching patterns.
On a similar note, you need to make sure you understand the terminology for beading. It is important to understand the different between a seed bead and tila bead and how they work when crafting. Understanding and mastering the basic stitch patterns and basic bead patterns may seem boring at first; but, it is really going to help you in the long run when you start working on more complex beadwork designs.
Set the scenery. This may seem like a silly step, but do not just brush over it. If you are in an uncomfortable area while you are working on your latest seed bead pattern or whatever type of bracelet you are making, then you will become itchy and uncomfortable halfway through your crafting session. When this happens you will either rush your DIY bracelet so you don't have to be uncomfortable anymore, or be forced to take a break.
It is super simple to avoid all of this drama by simply making sure you are in a comfortable, clean area. Make sure you have good lighting before you start, and place all your beads on containers or matts that will make it easer to see the beads. From there, you can craft away without ever getting disturbed.
Experiment and push yourself. Now that you know the basics by heart and can basically bead in your sleep, you are ready to branch out and start experimenting. If you continue to only watch tutorials and practice the patterns that are shown to you, you will not be able to grow to your full potential as a beader.
You need to push yourself beyond these limitations and work on creating your own patterns or designs. Even if at first you just switch up a couple of things in a beading pattern you already know by heart, you are still starting to branch out and make progress. Don't limit yourself to what you see. Let your creativity flow!
Bonus tip! To become an even faster bead weaving fanatic, put a band-aid on the pinky finger of your dominant hand to keep it from getting rubbed when you add tension to the string.
Now that you have become a beading expert, you are going to need a way to keep all those beads organized. Check out these tips on how to never misplace a bead again! How to Organize Beads: 35 Bead Storage Tips and Tricks
What are some of your secret tips to improve your beading speed?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
This Grecian Princess Crystal Bracelet has the elegance of gold with the sparkle of sapphire to create a beautiful and refined beaded… Continue reading: "Grecian Princess Crystal Bracelet"
- How to Organize Beads: 35 Bead Storage Tips and Tricks
- How to Drill Pebbles
- 25 Helpful Jewelry Making Tips for Beginners
- 5 Ways to Find Jewelry Projects on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
- Magnetic Wall of Beads Storage
- What is Memory Wire?
- How to Work With Memory Wire
- How to Clean Jewelry
- How to Paint Your DIY Jewelry Pieces
- How to Make Eye Pin Loops
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Organza Asymmetric Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Beaded Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Wave Beaded Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Braided Faux Suede Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Ancient Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Hero Unisex Bracelet
- Water Beads Cluster Earrings
- Vintage-look Amethyst & Pearl Dangle Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials