We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Gifted by North Light Books
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
Wire working opens up a world of exciting possibilities to jewelry designers. Unlike other materials, wire can bend to whatever shape you desire and hold its shape without adhesives. Let Wired Beautiful by Heidi Boyd be your guide to incorporating this wonderful material into your jewelry making. Featuring over 30 patterns for earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings, this book proves that wire is one of the most versatile materials in your tool box.
Best-selling author Heidi Boyd is best known for her Simply Beautiful series with North Light Books. Since she started creating her own jewelry, Boyd has had a passion for making patterns accessible to people of all skill levels. Following in this tradition, Wired Beautiful is perfect for beginners as well as advanced crafters. Working through this book is like taking a class from a professional designer, but you set the pace.
Wired Beautiful is divided into four sections: Wrapped & Hammered, Twisted & Linked, Knitted & Stitched, and Coiled & Spiraled. Every chapter opens with a detailed introduction explaining the benefits of each method. For instance, wrapping is the quickest way to join multiple pieces while hammering hardens metal and adds texture and decoration. Learn how to manipulate links to achieve a modern or rustic style and master basic stitches used in knitting and crochet to create elaborate accessories. The coiling and spiraling projects, which are among the most advanced tutorials in the book, teach readers how to shape durable yet intricate embellishments.
The tutorials in Wired Beautiful will keep you on your toes. Did you know that you can use a knitting spool to craft gorgeous pieces? Learn how to make cages and shape flowers with the great tips in this book. By the time you've read the last page, you'll have a wide range of techniques under your belt that you can apply to your own designs. Best of all, there are no obscure materials required to finish these projects. A quick trip to your local craft store and you'll find most everything you need to make a stunning piece of jewelry.
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of Wired Beautiful here. Contest ends 6/7/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Get ready to be dazzled by these stunning Enviable Green Crystal Earrings. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day or anytime you need a touch… Continue reading: "Enviable Green Crystal Earrings"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Leather Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Your Own Fresh and Cute Beaded Drop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Heart-pattern Leather Necklace with Pearl Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Starfish-pendant Necklace with Pearl Beads and Crystal Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Earrings with Glass Beads and Pearl Beads
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials