Bead Weaving on a Loom
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Design stunning pieces of intricate jewelry using a tool that is thousands of years old: the loom! Where ancient looms were were heavy and unruly, modern looms are lightweight and portable, making it easier than ever to scratch that creative itch.
With a little guidance from Bead Weaving on a Loom: Techniques and Patterns for Making Beautiful Bracelets, Necklaces, and Other Accessories, you can learn how to turn that stash of seed beads into an accessory that is as pretty as a picture.
Get your needles, thread, and beads at the ready and dive into this collecton of textural patterns for bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more. Author Carol C. Porter is better known for her quilting work, and her experience working with textiles has translated perfectly into jewelry making. Using her flair for the bold patterns and daring color combintions of fabric, Porter has dreamed up eleven seed bead projects for Bead Weaving on a Loom.
Even if you have never used a loom in your jewelry making, the step-by-step tutorials in this book will have you weaving in no time. This guide also includes advice on how to set up and warp a loom, basic bead weaving techniques, and tips on how to join ends, add fringe, sew seams, and work with findings.
Although Bead Weaving on a Loom looks rather slim, it contains a ton of practical information as well as sources of inspiration for bead lovers who want to put the loom through its paces. Flip through this book and learn to increase and decrease stitches, familiarize yourself with the handy TOHO bead charts, and gather ideas for your next free form project.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Simply Glamorous Kumihimo Bracelet is a fun way to learn a Japanese bead weaving method. If the accessory in the photo looks… Continue reading: "Simply Glamorous Kumihimo Bracelet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone-dangle Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Ribbon Asymmetric Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Strawberry Clay Bracelet
- Feather Clay And Rhinesone Rings
- Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Alphabet Braided Bracelet
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials