Bead Weaving on a Loom
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Design stunning pieces of intricate jewelry using a tool that is thousands of years old: the loom! Where ancient looms were were heavy and unruly, modern looms are lightweight and portable, making it easier than ever to scratch that creative itch.
With a little guidance from Bead Weaving on a Loom: Techniques and Patterns for Making Beautiful Bracelets, Necklaces, and Other Accessories, you can learn how to turn that stash of seed beads into an accessory that is as pretty as a picture.
Get your needles, thread, and beads at the ready and dive into this collecton of textural patterns for bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and more. Author Carol C. Porter is better known for her quilting work, and her experience working with textiles has translated perfectly into jewelry making. Using her flair for the bold patterns and daring color combintions of fabric, Porter has dreamed up eleven seed bead projects for Bead Weaving on a Loom.
Even if you have never used a loom in your jewelry making, the step-by-step tutorials in this book will have you weaving in no time. This guide also includes advice on how to set up and warp a loom, basic bead weaving techniques, and tips on how to join ends, add fringe, sew seams, and work with findings.
Although Bead Weaving on a Loom looks rather slim, it contains a ton of practical information as well as sources of inspiration for bead lovers who want to put the loom through its paces. Flip through this book and learn to increase and decrease stitches, familiarize yourself with the handy TOHO bead charts, and gather ideas for your next free form project.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Tribal jewelry is all the rage for festivals and summer weather, but this Knockoff Tribal Fringe DIY Necklace is perfect for wearing… Continue reading: "Knockoff Tribal Fringe DIY Necklace"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Morse Code Bracelet
- Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Beautiful Bracelet with Glass Round Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Glass Beads Earrings
- Beebeecraft tutorials on How to Make Three Strings Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Elegant Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Sweet Earrings
- Crochet Pendant Necklace
- Personalized Slap Bracelets
- Jade Lace Necklace Pattern
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials