How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
If you love the look of crochet and have a healthy bead stash, check out How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry. This book from Annie's Attic breaks down bead stitching in order to make it accessible for beginners. Learn simple stitches and bead placement, then put your knowledge to the test with 13 projects including necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and rings.
Bead crochet is a jewelry making technique that doesn't get a lot of attention, but it should! With this method, beaders can make many different projects in a variety of styles. As you work through How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry, you'll pick up the basics of crochet, including terminology and abbreviations. This book comes with a DVD that can be paused, rewound, and replayed as many times as it takes for the viewer to master the steps.
This book has plenty of helpful tips to get you started. For instance, beginners are advised to practice with pony beads, which are easier to handle on account of their size. Although the projects are labeled as intermediate, keep in mind that this is a how-to book, which means that it is intended for people who are new to beading. By that same token, beginners can pull together accessories that may look challenging such as Black & Silver Affair (with detachable bead strands), Colors of Autumn (beautiful necklace and ring set), and Shades of Nature (my favorite!).
How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry is a great resource for people who have always wanted to try making their own accessories, but were not sure where to start. Every project is accompanied by diagrams and step out photos for real time comparison. Several pages are devoted to special stitches like bead slip stitch and bead half double crochet, and the DVD opens with a demonstration on making a five-bead tube. Throw in the beading guide (with size and material options) and the finding types chart, and you're ready to start creating beautiful beaded pieces of your own.
BONUS! Enter to win a copy of How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry here. Contest ends 5/17/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Win a copy of Wired Beautiful!
- Win the Bead-Making Lab Giveaway Bundle!
- Enter for your chance to win The Jewelry Recipe Book!
- Chance to win The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry!
- Handcrafted Wire Findings
- Artistic Seed Bead Jewelry
- Bead Weaving on a Loom
- WIN How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry!
- Win a copy of Easy Vintage Jewelry!
- Chance to Win a Copy of Seed Bead Revolution and a Magical Crimping Tool!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone-dangle Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Ribbon Asymmetric Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Strawberry Clay Bracelet
- Feather Clay And Rhinesone Rings
- Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Alphabet Braided Bracelet
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials