Seed Bead Revolution
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Seed Bead Revolution
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
Seed Bead Revolution is a great project book for beginners, as well as those with extensive experience in jewelry making. It includes over 30 projects which utilize seed beads and Soft Flex Wire. From bracelets, to necklaces and earrings, this book shows how you can make incredible wearables with just wire and beads!
The book starts with an in-depth introduction to both seed beads and wire working. There is an overview of the variety of shapes beads come in, types of wire to purchase, and tools to use. This is especially great for people new to beadwork. This section is followed by another dedicated to the various techniques needed to complete the projects in the book. I like this because it eliminates the need to repeat the technique in the project instructions.
I like the way the projects are laid out because everything you need is clearly identified. From techniques, to tools and materials, each has a section that is detailed. Each project also has a gorgeous, full color picture so you can see finished work. Within the instructions are also small, color images to help guide the more difficult steps.
The projects found in this book are all fun and fashionable. The authors, Sara Oehler and Kristen Fagan, are both accomplished jewelry designers and it shows in every project. Almost every project has a set, whether a pair of earrings with a necklace, or a bracelet and necklace set. My favorite project is the Palo Verde Necklace and Bracelet (pg. 60) because it is modern and unique looking. I also love the Western-style of the Western Diamondback Bracelet and Earrings (pg. 84) and the Sonoran Desert Necklace and Earrings (pg. 72).
Whether you are an expert jewelry artist, or just beginning, this is a wonderful book to help make gorgeous pieces!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Learn to Make Jewelry
- Enter for your chance to win The Jewelry Recipe Book!
- Chance to Win a Ultimate Jewelry Book and Bead Bundle!
- Win a copy of Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry!
- Chance to Win a Paracord Jewelry Making Set!
- Handcrafted Wire Findings
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- Macrame Jewelry
- Bead Crochet Basics
- WIN How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- How To Use Donut Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials