Handcrafted Wire Findings
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Handcrafted Wire Findings: Techniques and Designs for Custom Jewelry Components
Provided by Interweave Books
Reviewed by Laura Plack
Making DIY jewelry is fun and easy, but it can sometimes be a little expensive. Want to cut down the cost of making your own wire jewelry? Then Handcrafted Wire Findings: Techniques and Designs for Custom Jewelry Components by Jane Dickerson and Denise Peck from Interweave Books is for you. With this informative book, making your own cool, custom findings will be fun and save you money. Handcrafted Wire Findings is your one-stop shop for information on all handmade wire jewelry work. Try out this guidebook that is packed with over 30 projects and instructions for creating these budget-friendly, artistic jewelry pieces.
Findings are the elements that attach, connect, join, and close jewelry pieces together, and you will probably recognize some common examples of wire findings, such as ear wires and clasps. These elements are essential parts of making your own homemade jewelry pieces. This guide offers an introduction on wire basics, tools, and techniques, and then moves on to particular findings categories, such as hook clasps, ear wires, and toggle clasps. From fundamental skills for beginners to more sophisticated designs, this book covers so many techniques that will help you to create affordable components for your own homemade jewelry designs. The projects in this guide are accompanied by step-by-step photos and easy to follow directions, so you can feel comfortable trying techniques that include basic wirework, adding patina, texturizing, silver fusing, and traditional finishes.
Stocking up on clasps, jump rings, ear wires, and other jewelry making materials can be very expensive. Ease your worries about the cost of making DIY jewelry by using this resource for making stylish and personalized findings. Use Handcrafted Wire Findings to learn how to make these important jewelry pieces, and craft your own unique, stunning handmade jewelry pieces to add to your collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have cute, colorful beads and craft wire? Then you can make these Vibrant Wire Wrapped Stud Earrings. It will only take you five… Continue reading: "Vibrant Wire Wrapped Stud Earrings"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Teardrop Necklace and Earring Set
- Beebeecraft Wire Wrapped Design--How to Make Bracelet with Beads and Wire
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make Beaded Dangling Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Original DIY - How to Make Beaded Chain Tassel Earrings
- Turquoise Teardrop Copper Necklace
- Sapphire Chandelier Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Glass Pearl Dangle Earrings
- Easy Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Chip Gemstone Bead Chain Earrings
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials