Handcrafted Wire Findings
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Handcrafted Wire Findings: Techniques and Designs for Custom Jewelry Components
Provided by Interweave Books
Reviewed by Laura Plack
Making DIY jewelry is fun and easy, but it can sometimes be a little expensive. Want to cut down the cost of making your own wire jewelry? Then Handcrafted Wire Findings: Techniques and Designs for Custom Jewelry Components by Jane Dickerson and Denise Peck from Interweave Books is for you. With this informative book, making your own cool, custom findings will be fun and save you money. Handcrafted Wire Findings is your one-stop shop for information on all handmade wire jewelry work. Try out this guidebook that is packed with over 30 projects and instructions for creating these budget-friendly, artistic jewelry pieces.
Findings are the elements that attach, connect, join, and close jewelry pieces together, and you will probably recognize some common examples of wire findings, such as ear wires and clasps. These elements are essential parts of making your own homemade jewelry pieces. This guide offers an introduction on wire basics, tools, and techniques, and then moves on to particular findings categories, such as hook clasps, ear wires, and toggle clasps. From fundamental skills for beginners to more sophisticated designs, this book covers so many techniques that will help you to create affordable components for your own homemade jewelry designs. The projects in this guide are accompanied by step-by-step photos and easy to follow directions, so you can feel comfortable trying techniques that include basic wirework, adding patina, texturizing, silver fusing, and traditional finishes.
Stocking up on clasps, jump rings, ear wires, and other jewelry making materials can be very expensive. Ease your worries about the cost of making DIY jewelry by using this resource for making stylish and personalized findings. Use Handcrafted Wire Findings to learn how to make these important jewelry pieces, and craft your own unique, stunning handmade jewelry pieces to add to your collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
The Simply Glamorous Kumihimo Bracelet is a fun way to learn a Japanese bead weaving method. If the accessory in the photo looks… Continue reading: "Simply Glamorous Kumihimo Bracelet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone-dangle Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Ribbon Asymmetric Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Strawberry Clay Bracelet
- Feather Clay And Rhinesone Rings
- Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Alphabet Braided Bracelet
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials