Fun with Chinese Knotting
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Looking for new ideas for accessories and embellishments? Then Fun with Chinese Knotting: Making Your Own Fashion Accessories & Accents from Tuttle Publishing is for you. Chinese knotting is an integral part of Chinese life and an old and revered art form in China. Often referred to as Chinese macrame, this knotting technique is used to create everything from earrings, necklaces, pendants, and bracelets to hair ornaments, brooches, and belts. Projects for all of these fashion accessories, accents on clothing, and other everyday items can be found in this helpful resource guide book.
In this book, readers will discover all that Chinese knotting has to offer. From relaxation to artistic satisfaction, the benefits to this art form are numerous. Projects are easy to follow and contain detailed instructions with step-by-step diagrams. There is a brief, but informative introduction about the resurgence of Chinese knotting, followed by the knotting instructions. Nine basic knots, nineteen compound knots, and five tassel designs form the foundations for making the 135 knot formations found in this book. Full colored pages with carefully numbered and illustrated steps make the projects enticing and easy-to-follow. This delightful book is sure to be a rich source of inspiration for craftspeople everywhere with its display of the many creative uses these decorative knots can have, and the great variety of materials used to make them.
If you are a fan of macrame bracelets or creating friendship bracelets, this will be a fun new knotting technique for you to try. Skilled jewelry makers and novices alike will find this informative book appealing. Learn how this ancient art form can have contemporary appeal, and have fun making these fashion accessories and designs with Fun with Chinese Knotting.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Stitch up a beautiful intricate design with this tutorial for a Stunning Beaded Zigzag Bracelet. This free jewelry pattern creates an… Continue reading: "Stunning Beaded Zigzag Bracelet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Turquoise Teardrop Copper Necklace
- Sapphire Chandelier Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Glass Pearl Dangle Earrings
- Easy Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Chip Gemstone Bead Chain Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on how to Make Beautiful Glass Cabochon Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials