Earthy Boho Jewelry
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
I recently got the pleasure of reviewing Holly Witt-Allen’s Earthy Boho Jewelry book. Me, being a lover of anything boho (especially gemstone jewelry), totally connected with the vibes and aesthetic of Holly’s DIY jewelry. If you’re a beginner jewelry maker, I definitely recommend reading this. The author includes shopping lists, laying out exactly what size, color and kind of beads you need for each project. Plus, there is a glossary in back of general beading techniques, tool descriptions and more that are helpful to anyone starting out in beading. The instructions are clear-cut and to the point, making it very easy to follow along and create pieces all your own. Being a visual person, I love that there is a cute picture accompanying each project, giving you an idea of how your creation should turn out.
Holly uses a mix of all types of beads (metal, gemstone, seed, charms and more) that give the jewelry a totally eclectic-chic look. She includes tutorials for full sets, necklaces, bracelets and earrings, so there is something for everyone’s style. I think these pieces are great to dress up or down, and are very versatile. I could definitely see her “Artisan Necklace” project paired with a white tee, denim jeans and sandals for a casual shopping day look, or paired with a black maxi dress and strappy heels for a night out! If you’re an advanced beader, these projects may be a little too easy for you, but they are great if you want to whip up no-fuss pieces last minute.
Favorite Project: Arrowhead Earrings & Necklace. I love the combination of the bright blue turquoise with contrasting black and rust rondelles. This is definitely a color scheme I use a lot in my own jewelry making!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Ultimate Jewelry Book and Bead Bundle!
- Learn to Make Jewelry
- Oh-So-Easy Jewelry
- Chain and Bead Jewelry: Geometric Connections
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- Bead Weaving on a Loom
- Modern Chain Mail Jewelry: Chic Projects to Complete Your Look
- Win a copy of Learn to Make Bead Jewelry with 35 Fabulous Projects!
- Hinged Clay Bracelets
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Leather Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Your Own Fresh and Cute Beaded Drop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Heart-pattern Leather Necklace with Pearl Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Starfish-pendant Necklace with Pearl Beads and Crystal Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Earrings with Glass Beads and Pearl Beads
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials