Crystals with Right Angle Weave
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Crystals with Right Angle Weave will teach you how to add dimension to your jewelry making–literally and figuratively. Also known as cross-weaving, right angle weave (RAW) is a basic stitch that is easy to learn. Comprised of 4 sided units, RAW gets its name from the way the beads lie at right angles to one another. RAW works well with beads of different sizes and is ideal for three-dimensional projects.
If you are just learning right angle weave, practice with crystal beads. As designer and author Tanya Tegmeyer-Rodriguz explains, the angles bicone crystals makes it easier to align the beads. All of the projects in Crystals with Right Angle Weave are made with Swarovski crystals, but you can use any of the beads in your stash.
In addition to making it easier to learn cross-weaving, crystals can make your handmade jewelry pieces shimmer in the light. Whether you are a brand new beader or a jewelry maker with years of experience, you can find inspiration in Crystals with Right Angle Weave. Check out the tutorials for basic shapes including squares, rectangles, circles, crosses, and triangles. Once you've gotten the hang of these smaller projects, you can integrate them into larger pieces such as Solid Square Earrings, Zig-Zag Bracelet, Bracelet with Toggle Clasp, and more.
Crystals with Right Angle Weave is not for people who want to add a book of tutorials to their collection. Rather, this guide focuses on components like square frames and solid triangles to be used in larger pieces. Most of the designs in this collection can be strung in myriad ways, but only three of the patterns come with full instructions. Let the inspiration gallery at the back of the book spur your creativity.
As far as introductions to RAW go, Crystals with Right Angle Weave is tough to beat. The instructions are clear and concise, and each step is accompanied by illustrations. Magnified photos make comparing alignment and angles a piece of cake. Why shell out money for a class when you can teach yourself RAW in the comfort of your own home? With this fantastic book, the choice is easy.
Enter to win a copy of Crystals with Right Angle Weave here. Contest ends 5/24/15.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Organza Asymmetric Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Beaded Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Wave Beaded Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Braided Faux Suede Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Ancient Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Hero Unisex Bracelet
- Water Beads Cluster Earrings
- Vintage-look Amethyst & Pearl Dangle Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials