The Big-Ass Book of Bling
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
The Big-Ass Book of Bling
Gifted by Mark Montano
Reviewed by Kelly Spence
If basic beaded bracelets bore you and simple accessories leave you snoring, then The Big-Ass Book of Bling is the DIY project guide of your funkiest fashion fantasies. Mark Montano does it again with his latest craft collection, dreaming up the most daring DIY jewelry and other accessories you can possibly imagine. This tome of twisted tutorials runs the gamut from necklaces, bracelets, and earrings to tiaras, handbags, and shoe embellishments, but these DIY accessories are anything but ordinary. Wallflowers be warned; these do-it-yourself fashion projects are for "It girls" only!
Can you say "statement piece"? Get ready to say it 150 times over as you peruse the 384 full-color pages of The Big-Ass Book of Bling. If you've been wanting to be a little more adventurous with your style, this DIY guide book will help you stray from the beaten path and tread new fashion terrain. These design ideas will help you explore new materials, such as vinyl and wood, as well as reimagine old favorites, such as wire and chain. Be prepared to think outside the box with projects like the Fused Plastic Flower Cuff (p. 256), which fuses recycled plastic bags to create beautiful bloom embellishments, and the Baby Head Necklace (p. 220), which turns a mold of a baby doll face into an unexpected pendant.
But if you think this book is a bit too off-the-wall for you, think again. There truly is something for everyone in this collection of creative DIY projects. To temper the more...er...disarming DIY ideas, there are plenty of pretty, classic pieces that any glamorous gal would love to make and wear. The Squash Blossom necklace (p. 84) is a classic, New-Mexico-inspired piece that uses a mix of turquoise and earthy beads, and the Covered Buttons Bracelet (p. 338) is a pearly piece that makes a perfect complement to an elegant evening ensemble. Whether you're drawn to the more daring designs or the more classic creations, your creative inclinations are sure to be challenged (in a good way!) by this innovative DIY fashion collection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Morse Code Bracelet
- Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Beautiful Bracelet with Glass Round Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Glass Beads Earrings
- Beebeecraft tutorials on How to Make Three Strings Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Elegant Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Sweet Earrings
- Crochet Pendant Necklace
- Personalized Slap Bracelets
- Jade Lace Necklace Pattern
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials