How to Wire Wrap Pendants: 15 Wire Wrapping Tutorials
Check out these wire wrapping tutorials and learn the basics of how to wire wrap a pendant!
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
When you've got simple wire wrapping techniques in your bag of tricks, almost anything and everything becomes a piece of jewelry waiting to happen! Take a pretty piece of stone, a gleaming cabochon, or a fabulous focal bead and wrap it up using classic wire wrapping techniques, and you've got a bright and shiny new pendant ready to adorn a plain chain or cord. Not only do wire wrapping pendants provide a safe and secure setting for the stone or bead, but it opens up so many possibilities for embellishment. You'll be leaving your lifeless beading thread behind once you check out How to Wire Wrap Pendants: 15 Wire Wrapping Tutorials.
These stunning DIY pendants will make everyone ask where you bought your new accessories! Start off with some of our beginner wrap pendants to get your feet wet. Once you've nailed those, grab your bead stash and try some of our beaded pendant projects. There's a pendant in every color and for every style in this collection. Your only problem will be picking which one to tackle first!
Table of Contents
Simple Wire Wrap Pendants
Getting Started: Beginner Wire-Wrapped Pendants
New to making pendants out of wire? These are the perfect beginner jewelry projects to practice your wire wrapping technique. Don't let the ease of these projects fool you, though -- the end results look absolutely beautiful!
From circular shapes to simple crystal wrapping, there is a pendant project for everyone in this beginner DIY jewelry collection.
Learn how to wire wrap pendants for beginners with these basic tutorials.
Ready to make more pendants? Make sure to check out this collection full of fabulous DIY pendant tutorials! How to Make a Pendant: 45 DIY Pendant Projects
Beaded Wire Wrap Pendants
It's Better with Beads: Learning How to Wire-Wrap Pendants with Beads
If you are a bead hoarder, we know that you're just dying to find another excuse to whip out that bead collection. These beaded pendants are just what you need to ignite your jewelry creativity. These tutorials will show you that you can wire wrap pendants into all sorts of shapes and sizes, from cute little elephants to stunning swirls.
Show off those wire wrapping skills! Check out this ultimate collection of DIY wire jewelry tutorials! The Ultimate Collection of DIY Wire Jewelry: 116+ Wire Jewelry Making Tutorials
Gorgeous Wire Wrap Pendants
Take it to the Next Level: Advanced Wire-Wrapping Tutorials for Pendants
Ready to take your wire wrapping to the next level? Once you've practiced with the easier projects and feel more confident in your pendant making skills, you can try some of these more advanced jewelry tutorials. These pendants look like they came from an expensive department store. Imagine how shocked your friends will be when they learn that you made them yourself!
You'll be suprised how easy wire-wrapping becomes; you'll get used to working with different materials, such as cabochons. As Pearl Blay from The Beading Gem says about her wire-wrapped Dandelion Cabochon Pendant, "Some methods of wire wrapping cabochons are easier than others. This fairly simple one works especially well with large hemispherical cabochons like the one I made from a real dried dandelion and resin."
Learn the Basics: How to Wire Wrap Pendants
Wire wrapping is an easy way to make your homemade jewelry look simple and elegant. The basics for wire wrapping a pendant are fairly similar, whether you are making a necklace, bracelet, or even a pair of earrings.
Basic Wire Wrapping Steps:
- Choose a stone
- Gather your materials
- Twist wires
- Center wire on stone
- Make a basket
- Secure the stone
- Twist wires together on front and back
- Secure the wire
- Trim the ends
- Make a wrapped loop
- Adjust wires and add chain
If you love wire wrapping and easy bracelet tutorials, this free eBook is for you. Included in this collection are five amazing DIY bracelets that you can create with one magic material: wire! Check out these Breathtaking Wire Bracelets: 5 DIY Bracelets
What tips would you give to someone who is new to wire wrapping?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
These DIY earrings are the epitome of luxury. With cascading strands of gold beads and chain, the Gorgeous Golden Chandelier Earrings… Continue reading: "Gorgeous Golden Chandelier Earrings"
- 54 Wire Jewelry Tutorials
- How to Wire Wrap Pendants: 15 Wire Wrapping Tutorials
- Curvy Wire Wrapped Pendant
- 16 Wire Wrapping Tutorials
- Treasures of the Ocean Jewelry Set
- How to Make Wire Jewelry
- 50 Shades of Beads Bracelet
- Topaz Sunburst Pendant
- Black Pearl Treasure Necklace and Bracelet
- How to Make Wire Jewelry
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- How To Use Donut Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials