Wow! Melt-It! Powder
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Wow! Melt-It! Powder
Gifted by: Wow! Embossing Powder
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
Cabochons and jewelry just became so much more fun to make. Use Wow! Melt-It! Powder to form your very own 3D-molded designs for a variety of craft and jewelry projects! This charming supply line from Wow! Embossing Powder includes Melt-It! Powder, silicone molds, Foil Melt-It trays (they look like mini pie pans), and a variety of other correlating products.
Let's talk more about the process of using Wow! Melt-It! Powder. First, line up all of your supplies. You'll need a heat gun, silicone mold, Melt-It! trays, Wow! Embossing Powder in the color of your choice, and of course Wow! Melt-It! Powder!
I had the opportunity to use Wow! Melt-It! products at the Craft and Hobby Association Show in January of 2016. At this show I learned several tips and tricks for melting and molding! For example, you want to take your heat gun and hold it underneath the mini aluminum tins at a 90 degree angle. You do not want to aim the gun directly at the powder because it will blow all over. Let it melt first from the bottom, then help it melt more after a few minutes and aim the gun at the top.
Another tip is to fold a sort of pouring spout at the edge of the tray. This will of course help you aim as you pour this hot liquid into your mold! The liquid dries fairly quickly, so you want to move fast and pour quickly! Pour directly into the middle of the molds---as the liquid rises, it will fill out the edges.
My last important takeaway is that, if you are making a ring or adding any sort of metal detail to the embellishment, do not touch it right away! Even though the Melt-It! Powder dries quickly once it's melted down, the heat conducted to the metal ring blank takes much longer to cool. Give it at least five minutes.
Here is a photo of the pretty gold rose ring I made. I used gold embossing powder as well as glitter embossing powder for some added sparkle.
Whether you end up using it for jewelry making or diy embellishments, Wow! Melt-It! Powder is a very fun and exciting product to let you totally customize your next small project.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Dazzle those around you with this Stunning Crystal Magic Goddess Bracelet. Fit for a queen, this gorgeous flower crystal bracelet… Continue reading: "Stunning Crystal Magic Goddess Bracelet"
- Chance to Win a Copy of Jewelry Designer Manager Software!
- 6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
- Win an i-loom!
- Chance to Win a Facet Jewelry Box Monthly Bead Kit!
- Win the O & N Cords, Beads, and Pendants Bundle!
- Chance to Win a SpeedyJig Pro Kit!
- Chance to Win a Clover Beading Loom!
- Chance to Win a Dollar Bead Club Monthly Bead Box!
- Chance to Win Easy Mold Silicone Putty!
- Enchanting Emerald Earrings Starter Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Musical Note Wrapped Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Braided Bracelet With Wood Beads
- Metallic Crystal Wrap Bracelets
- Just Peachy Layered Chain Necklace
- Tie Dye Shell Jewelry
- Wood And Clay Flowered Earrings
- Olivine Earrings
- Leanne Earrings
- Upcycled Christmas Bell Earrings
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials