Loopdeloom Weaving Loom Kit
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Loopdeloom Weaving Loom Kit
Reviewed by Jessica Carpender, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
For new or experienced weavers, the Loopdeloom Weaving Kit is a calming way to learn and enjoy yourself while creating scarves, bags, and more.
Learning to weave is so easy that kids can do it! No, seriously, the Loopdeloom is for ages eight and up. This information on the box was very comforting to me when I sat down to review it. If kids could do it, surely I could figure it out.
The Loopdeloom comes with a full-color, easy-to-follow instruction guide, so setting it up is very easy. There is minor assembly involved, but it didn’t take me more than 15 minutes before I was ready to start cutting the yarn and beginning to weave. The instructions for weaving were also very clear.
At first, it feels a little weird to weave the yarn. Actually, I was thinking, “This seems TOO easy, I am probably doing it wrong.” But, it really is that easy. After a few rows, I could see that my weaving was actually creating something! Beware, because at that point you might get a little crazy. In my case, I ignored pretty much everyone in my house while I obsessively weaved on the Loopdeloom for a while. It was very relaxing.
I remember learning these kinds of skills in clubs as a kid, and I think something like this would have been such a fun activity for Girl Scouts, afterschool clubs, and more. It’s much easier than dealing with needles and hooks, but you can make pretty much anything: scarves, bags, dishcloths. You can even attach more Loopdelooms to make bigger projects!
Not to mention, the Loopdeloom is very neat and tidy. It doesn’t take up much space, and it’s pretty easy to put it away when you’re taking a break. I’m not sure you can say that about the giant looms of our ancestors.
While I’m sure you can use many types of yarn with the Loopdeloom, it comes with a beautiful ball of rainbow neon yarn, and the refill packs are just as gorgeous.
This would be a great gift for anyone who would like to relax and learn something. It also seems like a great bonding activity with kids. Give Loopdeloom a try and let it weave its magic.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to Win a Dollar Bead Club Monthly Bead Box!
6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
Chance to Win a Pair of Westcott Long Nose Pliers!
Beader's Delight Box
Enter to Win Darn Good Yarn Silk Sari Ribbon!
Chance to Win Spring Favorite Bernat DIY Yarn!
Chance to Win a Facet Jewelry Box Monthly Bead Kit!
Win a set of ImpressArt Deco Letter Stamps!
ImpressArt Soft Strike Pewter Blanks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone Statement Necklace
- Stretch Bracelet Stack
- Dangly Pearl Earrings
- Jasper Stone and Silver Necklace
- Rose Cluster Faux Perfume Bottle Necklace
- Necklace with Rainbow Drinking Straws
- 13 Free Loom Beading Patterns
- Making Jewelry with Cricut
- Sundance-Inspired Boho Layered Necklace
- 28+ DIY Choker Necklaces to Make
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials