We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Maruti Beads Collection
Provided by Maruti Beads
Reviewed by Maggie Flynn
Maruti Beads draws from Indian culture and opens new reserves of inspiration for your next DIY jewelry project. From a distance, the shining beads could masquerade as crown jewels; at close observation they become masterpieces of intricate detail.
The beads are manufactured by hand, and while they use variations of the same materials, the appearance and aesthetic of each bead type is vastly different. Kashmiri, Maruti, and Lac are the three primary bead types, and though they bear a striking resemblance, they differ in their composition. Maruti beads and Kashmiri beads are both made from marble powder and manufactured resin, with the Maruti beads featuring silver-plated side-caps that frame the ornamentation. Lac beads, on the other hand, are made from natural resin and marble powder, and have a smoother polish than the Maruti and Kashmiri beads.
Combined, the beads could serve as a three-dimensional kaleidoscope. Some of the Maruti beads feature a mosaic-like arrangement of gems, while the Lac beads feature marbled swirls of color.
With so many designs to choose from, a single bead could launch inspiration for an entire jewelry set. Two Kashmiri beads could be used with headpins and complementary glass beads for earrings. A few of the Maruti beads could be strung on chain and eyepins to form the centerpiece of a striking statement necklace. Tthe Lac beads can be used in a variety of decorations and charms. With just a few of these types, the possibilities for DIY jewelry making are as dazzling as the beads themselves.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Chance to Win a Dollar Bead Club Monthly Bead Box!
- Chance to Win a Copy of Jewelry Designer Manager Software!
- Premo! Sculpey Accents Clay Color Sampler and Essential Tool Kit
- Beader's Delight Box
- Chance to Win the Ultimate Resin Jewelry Kit!
- Chance to Win a Clay Jewelry Making Kit!
- Win a Wow! Melt-It! Powder Medley!
- Chance to Win a SpeedyJig Pro Kit!
- 6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
- EnviroTex Lite Pour-On High Gloss Finish Review
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone-dangle Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Ribbon Asymmetric Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Strawberry Clay Bracelet
- Feather Clay And Rhinesone Rings
- Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Alphabet Braided Bracelet
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials