We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Maruti Beads Collection
Provided by Maruti Beads
Reviewed by Maggie Flynn
Maruti Beads draws from Indian culture and opens new reserves of inspiration for your next DIY jewelry project. From a distance, the shining beads could masquerade as crown jewels; at close observation they become masterpieces of intricate detail.
The beads are manufactured by hand, and while they use variations of the same materials, the appearance and aesthetic of each bead type is vastly different. Kashmiri, Maruti, and Lac are the three primary bead types, and though they bear a striking resemblance, they differ in their composition. Maruti beads and Kashmiri beads are both made from marble powder and manufactured resin, with the Maruti beads featuring silver-plated side-caps that frame the ornamentation. Lac beads, on the other hand, are made from natural resin and marble powder, and have a smoother polish than the Maruti and Kashmiri beads.
Combined, the beads could serve as a three-dimensional kaleidoscope. Some of the Maruti beads feature a mosaic-like arrangement of gems, while the Lac beads feature marbled swirls of color.
With so many designs to choose from, a single bead could launch inspiration for an entire jewelry set. Two Kashmiri beads could be used with headpins and complementary glass beads for earrings. A few of the Maruti beads could be strung on chain and eyepins to form the centerpiece of a striking statement necklace. Tthe Lac beads can be used in a variety of decorations and charms. With just a few of these types, the possibilities for DIY jewelry making are as dazzling as the beads themselves.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Spice up some simple silver hoops with this awesome video tutorial for how to make bead earrings. Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops add a… Continue reading: "Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops"
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- 6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
- Tool & Spool Bin
- Chance to Win Our Favorite Bernat DIY Yarn!
- Chance to Win the Nunn Design Summer 2017 Collection!
- Chance to Win a Beadalon Wire Jewelry Making Kit!
- Easy Knotter
- ImpressArt Lollipop Letter Stamp Set
- Win a selection from the Nunn Design Summer 2016 Collection!
- Chance to Win the Ultimate Resin Jewelry Kit!
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials