Darn Good Yarn Reclaimed Sari Ribbon
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Darn Good Yarn Reclaimed Silk Sari Ribbon
Gifted by Darn Good Yarn
Reviewed by Maggie Flynn, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking
“It's not your grandma's yarn,” Darn Good Yarn proclaims of their recycled products. And they're right. The Maine-based company was founded by Nicole Snow, who decided to "unwind with yarn" after leaving the U.S. Air Force. In 2008, she founded Darn Good Yarn to produce unique yarn and help women in Nepal and India who struggled with poverty make a better living for themselves and their families. Workers for the company receive a wage that allows them to support their families and let their children receive an education, and they are selected for their skill in spinning the gorgeous strands of the silk-sari yarn that is just so darn good.
The richly hued strands of Darn Good Yarn's 5-Yard Reclaimed Silk Sari Ribbon can produce anything from a lightly textured fabric to rich woven jewelry. But if you're stumped for ideas, Darn Good Yarn provides some free patterns on their website for projects made from the yarn types. Among those projects are friendship bracelets that positively shimmer, and it's easy to see how the recycled ribbon strands would make a beautiful woven or braided bracelet.
But there are many other ways to make jewelry with this Reclaimed Silk Sari Ribbon. You can make a lovely necklace with a simple chain and beads. Crocheted jewelry can also be transformed by using the recycled silk in place of heavier fiber strands. Overall, the jewel-colored tones of the yarn lend themselves well to beadwork. With so many different colors to choose from, you'll never be at a loss for DIY jewelry inspiration when you have Darn Good Yarn at hand.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
It can be hard to fit in DIY jewelry making when you have a hectic schedule everyday. Instead of just giving up, instead, make fast… Continue reading: "2 Step Turquoise Agate Pendant"
- 6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
- Chance to Win an Incredible 95-Box Bead Storage System!
- Chance to Win a Dollar Bead Club Monthly Bead Box!
- ImpressArt Metal Stamping Products
- Win a Wow! Melt-It! Powder Medley!
- EnviroTex Lite Pour-On High Gloss Finish Review
- Chance to Win the Nunn Design Winter 2018 Collection!
- Chance to Win the Ultimate Resin Jewelry Kit!
- Enter for your chance to win the Loopdeloom Weaving Loom Kit!
- Chance to Win a SpeedyJig Pro Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gemstone-dangle Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Ribbon Asymmetric Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Strawberry Clay Bracelet
- Feather Clay And Rhinesone Rings
- Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Flower Resin Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Alphabet Braided Bracelet
- Bead And Wood Patriotic Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Crystal Wide Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials