Craft-tastic Mini Thread Bowls Kit
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Craft-tastic Mini Thread Bowls Kit
Reviewed by zzzJessica zzzCarpender, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
This easy-to-make Craft-tastic Mini Thread Bowl Kit is the perfect way to store your rings, beads, and other small treasures! If you're like me and just need something small without being overwhelming on your bathroom countertop then you're going to love this product.
The Thread Bowl Kit comes with 3 sizes of plastic bowl forms, 1 oz water-based glue, 3 pieces of adhesive tape for the various sizes of bowls and 9 bright colors of cotton thread. With all the colors to choose from you really do have an endless amount of options for your bowl design. You can a solid colored bowl, a rainbow colored bowl, or you can use 3 shades of purple on a bowl; mix and match and make it your own.
You'll need a fabric press, which you're supposed to use repeatedly over the adhesive to coat the surface with cotton fibers; this will help to reduce the stickiness, which you need to do before designing with the threads. The whole process of making these fun bowls is really easy with the adhesive tape. Working with the threads is actually kind of therapeutic when working in spirals. Once the whole bowl is covered, minus the rim, you'll apply a light coat of glue to the outside of the bowl only. Something to note, when done using the glue, immediately put the lid back on so the glue won't dry out. You'll use even more glue according to the directions to make sure the bowl is sturdy when in use. The bowl will harden overnight and then you can remove the plastic form. This needs to be carefully and slowly done, which is a bit tricky, but if you can move the form around by holding onto the rim it'll be a little easier.
I really enjoyed creating these bowls as it was kind of soothing and relaxing; much like adult coloring books. And once the bowls are done and ready to use you feel a great sense of accomplishment. Kids 8 and older can easily make these bowls, so it would be a great birthday party activity.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Go for a few shades of "cool" with this Dazzling Donut Crystal Bracelet. Designed with purple, pink, white, and black beads, your DIY… Continue reading: "Dazzling Donut Crystal Bracelet"
- Chance to Win a Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Easy Knotter
- Chance to Win Our Favorite Bernat DIY Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Clay Jewelry Making Kit!
- Chance to Win a Dollar Bead Club Monthly Bead Box!
- 6 of the Best Metal Stamping Supplies
- Bonbons Yarn
- Win the Mix and Matte Jewelry Collection!
- Enter to Win Darn Good Yarn Silk Sari Ribbon!
- Chance to Win a Tronex Tapered Wire Cutter Tool!
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials