Green Dragon Necklace
Try out this Green Dragon Necklace tutorial for a unique statement necklace. Whether wearing it yourself or giving it as a gift, this is a DIY jewelry piece that is sure to impress, and the mint and jade green colors keep it right on trend. Between the coin knot details and druzy stone pendant, this could be a necklace straight off the neck of a royal Game of Thrones character. Rhinestones, gemstones, and leather cord are all details that make this a gorgeous, head-turning DIY necklace.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 2 pk #34776081 Gunmetal Pave Rhinestone Teardrop Connector
- 1 pk #34776076 Mint Green Faceted Oval Connector
- 1 pk #34746048 Teardrop Druzy Pendant - Rainbow
- 1 pk #72099826 2mm 24Ft. Gold-Silver-Bronze Cord
- 1 pk #3201802 40' 24 Gauge Wire- Silver
- 1 pk #34712107 45pc Metal Silver Clamp End
- 1 pk #34719157 59pc Starter Pack Bright Silver
- 1 pk #72099670 Metal Small Cap Cord Ends
- #22279002 3.7oz E6000 Craft Glue
- #6854 Needle Nose Pliers and Cutter- Precision Comfort
- #4477 Parrot Beak Memory Wire Cutter
1. Cut two 24” lengths of leather cord.
2. Make a coin knot with both lengths of cord using the illustration as a guide.
3. Trim the leather cord ends. Put glue in the silver cord end, push in leather cord ends, and allow the glue to completely dry.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 to make another coin knot.
5. Cut two 16” lengths of leather cord and two 4” lengths of silver wire. Fold each length of leather cord in half, forming a small loop in the middle of each cord. Wrap one length of silver wire around each length of leather cord, approximately ¼” back from the end of the loop. Wrap the wire to a length approximately ¼” long and trim off
6. Using 6mm jump rings, attach the loop in the middle of each length of leather cord to the loops of the silver cord ends on each coin knot.
7. Evenly trim the other end of the leather cords to the desired length and attach ribbon clamps. Cut a 3” length of chain extender. Use a 6mm jump ring to attach the 3” length of chain to one ribbon clamp and a 6mm jump ring and lobster claw to the other ribbon clamp.
8. Lay a mint green oval connector between the two coin knots. Use 6mm jump rings to attach each side of the connector to an end loop on each coin knot.
9. Use a 6mm jump ring to attach the narrow ends of a teardrop rhinestone connector to each coin knot, just underneath the mint green oval connector. Use another 6mm jump ring to connect to other ends of the teardrop rhinestone connectors together.
10. Using an eye pin, create a briolette drop using the druzy pendant. Use two 6mm jump rings to attach the loop in the druzy briolette to the bottom loop of each teardrop rhinestone connector.
Read NextFaux Australian Opal Rings