Purple Hard Candy Bracelet
Make a beaded bracelet that works for day or night with this Purple Hard Candy Bracelet tutorial. The purple square glass beads really catch the sunlight during the day but are dark and elegant at night for a more subdued, sophisticated look. Transition seamlessly from work to play with this beautiful beaded bracelet!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- crimping pliers
- wire cutters
- 5 large purple glass beads
- 12 6mm black Czech glass beads
- 1 toggle clasp
- 2 crimp beads
- beading wire
- Lay out pattern of beads before beading.
- Thread first crimp bead and one side of the clasp onto the wire.
- Loop the wire around and thread it through the crimp bead so the crimp bead is now over both wires.
- Slide the crimp bead up to where there is a small amount of space between the loop of the clasp and the crimp bead.
- Place your crimp bead on the back channel of your crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Turn your newly crimped bead so the smooth part is facing you and the dented part is facing away from you. Place the crimp bead in the front channel of the crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Thread on two of the black Czech glass beads and one of the large purple glass beads.
- Snip the excess second (shorter) wire at this point, being careful not to clip your main wire.
- Thread on the remaining beads following your pattern.
- Thread on a crimp bead and the second part of the clasp. Loop the wire around and repeat threading the second wire through two of the black beads and one of the purple beads.
- Trim excess wire.
- Repeat crimping process.
Read NextOvals and Onyx Beaded Necklace