How to Attach Fold-Over Crimp Ends
Need tips on making beaded jewelry for beginners? This video will walk you through the proper technique for How to Attach Fold-Over Crimp Ends when working with cord in your necklace or bracelet projects. It's really a very simple process, but it's one of the important fundamentals to master when making your own jewelry!
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- fold-over crimp cord ends (Determine if the size of your cord ends will fit the cord you are using. I am using 1mm cord ends.)
- a clasp
- two jump rings
- cording (I am actually using ribbon yarn, but you can use any type of cording. I usually like to use hemp, cotton, or leather cording.)
- two pairs of pliers
- strong glue like epoxy
- paper towel
- Apply a little glue to the crimp cord end. Place the cord in the crimp and fold in one side of the crimp. Carefully fold in the other side of the crimp. (Your fingers will touch the glue, so wash up immediately after you are done.)
- Repeat last step for the other side.
- Trim excess cording if needed.
- Attach the clasp using jump rings.