Pastel Murano Bead Necklace
This Pastel Murano Bead Necklace is classically feminine and super versatile. Wear it long, double it up for a multi-strand look, or wrap it around your wrist as a bracelet. You can use this jewelry-making guide for necklaces of all lengths, so feel free to add or subtract chain to suit your style!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 2 pairs of chain nose pliers
- 8 links of chain measuring 5 inches each
- 8 links of chain measuring 1 inch each
- 8 Murano glass beads
- 16 jump rings measuring 3.75mm inside diameter
- Open all your jump rings.
- Thread one of the 5-inch and one of the 1-inch pieces of chain onto a jump ring.
- Close the jump ring by placing each side in each of your pliers; twist the right side away from you and then back to you while pushing in slightly. Do not add too much pressure or the jump ring could become misshapen.
- Repeat until you have all eight completed. Once completed, you will have eight separate links of chain each consisting of a 5-inch and a 1-inch piece of chain connected by one jump ring.
- Take your first completed link and thread a bead onto the 1-inch length of chain. Attach a jump ring and, before closing it, thread on the 5-inch length of chain in your next link. Close the jump ring.
- Repeat this pattern until you have attached all the beads and completed your necklace.
- You’re done! Enjoy your new Murano glass bead necklace.
Read NextRegal Hammered Hoop Bead Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 19, 2012
Thank you for a well-defined project! Can't wait to get started! With your great instructions...even I might be able to complete!
Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for the kind words, phibble1 7676315! We'd love to know how it turns out! If you like, you can post a photo of the finished piece on our Facebook page when you're done: http://www.facebook.com/AllFreeBeadedJewelry . Happy beading! --Editor of AllFreeBeadedJewelry
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use