Crystal Butterfly Necklace Tutorial
Follow this Crystal Butterfly Necklace Tutorial to make a delicate crystal chain necklace that will add some girly flair to your look. Once you master these free jewelry making instructions, you'll be ready to create all kinds of custom pieces with a variety of pendants!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 2 pairs chain nose pliers
- 7 links of 3x2.2mm chain measuring 5 inches each
- 7 jump rings with an inside diameter of 3.75mm
- 18mm Swarovski butterfly bead drilled from front to back
- Open first jump ring by placing each side in a pair of chain nose pliers. Holding the left side steady, bring the right side toward you, creating an opening.
- Thread two links of chain onto the jump ring.
- Close the jump ring by placing each side in each of your pliers; twist the right side away from you and then back toward you while pushing in slightly. Do not add too much pressure or the jump ring could become misshapen.
- Repeat pattern until you have the last link to connect. Note that there is not a clasp in this necklace as it is long enough that you can just slip it on.
- Using your chain nose pliers, open the bail wide enough to slip on the butterfly Swarovski pendant. Once you have added the butterfly, close the bail.
- Thread the bail onto your necklace.
- Attach the beginning and the end of the necklace with your final jump ring.
- You’re done! Enjoy your new butterfly necklace.
Read NextHow to Add a Clasp