Ovals and Onyx Beaded Necklace
Free bead jewelry patterns like this Ovals and Onyx Beaded Necklace project are a great alternative to buying jewelry from a store. If you've ever seen a piece of jewelry and thought, "I could make that," this is the tutorial for you. Learn how to draw inspiration from magazines to create your own customized jewelry designs.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- one focal bead for dangle
- seven beads to complement focal bead
- three decorative oval links
- two bead caps (for focal bead)
- four spacer beads (optional)
- seven eye pins
- one head pin
- nine jump rings
- two 8-inch pieces of chain
- one lobster clasp
- two pair chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- String focal bead and bead caps onto head pin. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop above second bead cap. Cut off excess head pin.
- String remaining seven beads onto eye pins, using spacer beads before and after two of the beads if desired. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make loops above each bead. Cut off excess eye pin.
- Attach eye loop of focal bead to one eye loop of complement bead. Use jump ring to connect remaining eye loop of complement bead to an oval link.
Read NextSleek Hematite Heart Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 21, 2016
This video is AMAZING. Was trying to figure out how to start making necklaces from pictures I see and my mind got over whelmed and I could not figure where to start. I am a beginner and got discouraged trying to read instructions and getting no where.This helped me to Get It. I loved how she explained how to use the jewelry piece as a start. Thanks. Has anyone else foung this video helpful?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use