Lapis Lazuli & Tiger's Eye Tassel Necklace
"This tutorial is mostly about making a simple tassel from nylon cord. It is a very basic tassel that takes next to no time or skill to make. You can make them as large or small as you like - this one is relatively small at about 60mm, and is not super thick. Of course you can use more cord and make it as thick as you like! The necklace, otherwise, is simply strung on tigertail. All up this design took less than an hour. We would often knot between each gemstone bead with this style of necklace, but by using tiny 15/0 seed beads we get the same effect with a lot less effort (and time, yay!). I couldn't resist these gorgeous ceramic shell pendants as a feature - and they were of course the inspiration for the colours in the necklace. The deep royal blue of Lapis Lazuli and shimmery brown/gold of Tiger Eye went perfectly."
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeSeed, Gemstone, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 54x 8mm Rondelle Gemstone Beads (you could also use rounds or nuggets; we’ve used Lapis Lazuli)
- 44x 8mm Round Gemstone Beads (just less than one strand; we’ve used Tiger Eye)
- 3x Slightly Larger Gemstone Beads (we’ve used a 12mm Lapis Lazuli Rondelle).
- 16x 4mm Gemstone Round Beads (we’ve used Lapis Lazuli)
- Feature Bead or Pendant (we’ve used a beautiful Ceramic Shell. They are approx. 40mm tall so anything about that size would work).
- 6x Silver Toned Spacer Beads (daisy spacers or rondelles will work, as well bead caps. We’ve used 8mm silver rondelle spacers).
- Approx. 4 meters 0.8mm Nylon Cord (we’ve used royal blue nylon)
- Size 15/0 Seed Beads. Choose a colour to match – we used black 15/0 seed beads.
- Clasp of your choice
- 2x Crimps