Darn Good Yarn
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Nicole (Mikkelsen) Snow graduated from Clarkson University in 2004 with a degree in business and technology management. When she started college in 2000, she never would have guessed that she would be running a successful Internet yarn distribution business and helping the global economy four years later.
In college, Nicole was a member of the Air Force ROTC and planned to enter active duty as a pilot; a few business and political science courses shifted her thinking. After graduating, Nicole did enter active duty but took an opportunity to leave the military early. With her husband, Michael, a systems engineer at a Fortune 500 whose career keeps them moving all over the country, Nicole needed a career that could be as mobile. That is when she decided to build a company on her own values and principles and took the leap into small business ownership with the creation of Darn Good Yarn.
Nicole took some time with her mission and vision for her company. She knew she not only wanted to help the environment, but help people as well. Her business decisions are based on these principles — all of her yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Falling back on her experience with Around the Om Nicole takes that mission seriously. As DGY continues to grow so will our yarn selections, which we promise will be earth friendly, fair trade, child labor free, unique and fun to craft with!
Darn Good Yarn Links:
Darn Good Yarn Reviews on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Create these lovely Lilac Ladder Stitch Wrap Bracelets with one of the best free beading patterns! Once you learn how to make a wrap… Continue reading: "Lilac Ladder Stitch Wrap Bracelets"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Beautiful Bracelet with Glass Round Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Glass Beads Earrings
- Beebeecraft tutorials on How to Make Three Strings Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Elegant Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Sweet Earrings
- Crochet Pendant Necklace
- Personalized Slap Bracelets
- Jade Lace Necklace Pattern
- Flowers in the Grass Necklace Pattern
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials