Crystal Rainbow DIY Earrings
These Crystal Rainbow DIY Earrings are elegant without sacrificing playful color and pattern. The muted rainbow beads and aquamarine triangles of the outer hoop create a scheme reminiscent of art deco design while the inner silver teardrop encloses a Swarovski crystal pendant on each earring for a modern and updated look. The combination of colored geometric shapes and light-scattering accents make this pair of DIY earrings a dreamy must-try project, and these pretties can be worn casually or formally. Make your own pair with this step-by-step tutorial.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeCrystal, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- 1 pk #2950227 10pc Silver Plate Ball Hook Wire
- 1 pk #34719038 180pc Eye Pin Silver
- 1 pk #29502212 2pc 21mm Silver Plated Open Oval Teardrop
- 1 pk #3202002 40' .3mm 7-Strand Bead Wire- Silver
- 1 pk #34733051 40g Purple Rainbow 11-0 Seed Beads
- 1 pk #2950206 75pc Silver Plate Crimp Bead
- 1 pk #77528193 Swarovski 11x5.5mm Briolette Pendant Crystal AB 6010 - 2pc
- 1 pk #72099725 Czech Mates Triangle 6mm : Aquamarine - Celsian, 50pc
- #4501 Bead Crimping Pliers
- #6854 Needle Nose Pliers and Cutter - Precision Comfort
- #4477 Parrot Beak Memory Wire Cutter
- #6858 Round Nose Pliers - Precision Comfort
1. Cut (2) 6” lengths of beading wire.
2. Using a crimp bead, attach the two wires to the top loop of a teardrop frame.
3. Thread onto each strand a single seed bead. Then thread each strand through the holes of a two-hole triangle bead. Repeat this step until there are 16 sets of seed beads and 15 triangle beads.
4. Using a crimp bead, attach the two wires to the same top loop of the teardrop frame.
5. Trim the excess beading wire flush against the crimp tubes.
6. Attach an ear wire to the same top loop of the teardrop frame.
7. Using an eye pin and the briolette drop, form a small briolette and attach it to the inside loop of the teardrop frame.
8. Repeat steps 1-7 for the matching earring.
Read NextEasy Wrapped Loop Earrings