Simple Spiral Headpin Bead Earrings
Add a little extra "oomph" to your earrings by making your own easy spiral headpins! The subtle swirl detail in these Simple Spiral Headpin Bead Earrings really takes this design to the next level. Why buy headpins when making your own is so easy?
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two glass beads
- two metal spacers
- two #6 seed beads
- two ear wires
- two 3-inch pieces 22-gauge wire
- jewelry hammer
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- To form head pin, use round nose pliers to begin a loop on one 3-inch piece of wire. Use chain nose pliers to tighten up loop; then continue to make spiral until it’s the desired size. Lightly tap with jewelry hammer to harden wire.
- Slide glass bead onto headpin; then add metal spacer and #6 seed bead. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a wrapped loop.
- Open ear wire and slide on loop. Repeat to make second earring.
Read NextAmethyst Drop Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 13, 2018
Here you go. It's pretty. It's inexpensive. It's very easy. Now what more would you want in a do it yourself project? You can use any bead you wish. make some for every out fit you own. And I guarantee no one else will have a pair exactly like it. Thank you.
Jun 29, 2016
The beads in this photo are beautiful. I love the color of these beads and I absolutely love the spiral at the bottom of the headpin. I am so glad that this video tutorial shows how to make your own spiral headpins easier. I am so glad to learn this so I can use it on other earrings too. I wish the video did not cut off when wrapping the top but you can read the tutorial. Anyone try this? Is it hard to do the spiral?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use