Nevada Sky Seed Bead Dangles
With the searing blue of the turquoise beads and the serene white of the seed beads, these Nevada Sky Seed Bead Dangles recall a southwestern summer sky. Watch this free jewelry making video to create your own sleek cluster bead earrings. Inspired by Native American beading patterns, these DIY earrings are beautiful and elegant. If you are looking to learn how to make earrings, this tutorial for these turquoise treasures is sure to be one of your favorites.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Seed
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two focal beads
- two ear wires
- six head pins
- seed beads
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- round nose pliers
- On one head pin, thread one seed bead, one focal bead, and three more seed beads. Use chain nose pliers to grasp head pin ½ inch above top seed bead and bend into 90° angle. Use round nose pliers to make a loop; trim excess head pin.
- On another head pin, thread 10 seed beads. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make loop above top seed bead; trim excess head pin. Repeat with another head pin and five seed beads.
- Open loop on ear wire; attach loops of five seed bead, 10 seed bead, and focal bead dangles. Close loop.
- Repeat for second earring.
Read NextCrystal Mermaid Drop Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 22, 2017
This is a great beginner project. You can trade the turquoise for any gemstone bead. I have some black onyx stones that would look great done with either gold or silver seed beads. What a look that would be for a formal affair. You can dress these up or down. At the moment I prefer up!
Jun 26, 2017
I have made dangle earrings before but nothing as pretty as this. I just made the dangles themselves but I like the added side wires with the seed beads it gives it a little more pizazz. The tutorial looks very easy to can use leftover beads from other projects. A great gift idea too for teens to adults and a great beginner project to create something special.
Jun 12, 2017
Very simple, easy and cost efficient. It meets all of the qualifications of a great DIY project. I read the directions and they are very simple. A great beginners project or an easy one for the more advanced. I like to make a simple easy pattern from time to time. This would be pretty in almost any color. Thank you for sharing this.
janeehowitt 312692 0
Mar 05, 2013
Brilliant! Just made some really nice earrings. And you give a WONDERFUL explanation of how to do the loops. For once I haven't had to do a wrap under the loop! Thank you!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use