Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops
Spice up some simple silver hoops with this awesome video tutorial for how to make bead earrings. Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops add a cascade of shimmering metallic seed beads for a dynamic variation on your typical hoop earrings. Choose a variety of seed beads in a monochromatic color scheme to achieve this stunning effect. You won't believe how easy it is to make these gorgeous seed bead earrings.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two 4-inch pieces of 22-gauge wire
- 14 head pins
- glass seed beads in color(s) of your choice
- 16 small clear glass beads
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- 1-inch dowel
- jewelry hammer
- metal file
- Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop at one end of a 4-inch piece of wire. Shape wire into a hoop around 1-inch dowel. Repeat with second piece of wire. Pound hoops lightly with jewelry hammer to work harden. Use file to remove any burrs, and smooth cut ends flat.
- Slide 1 inch of seed beads onto a head pin. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop with remaining wire. Trim excess wire with wire cutters. Repeat to make one more 1-inch seed bead dangle. Then make four dangles each with 3/4 inches, 5/8 inches, and 1/2 inches of seed beads.
- Onto each wire hoop, slide the following: small clear bead > 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 1-inch dangle > small clear bead > 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead.
- Use chain nose pliers to slightly bend last 3/8-inch or so of hoop. This end goes through the ear and then hooks onto the loop made in step one.
Ready to learn more about DIY earrings? Download this free ebook, How to Make Earrings: 5 Wonderful Wire Earrings for plenty of gorgeous earring ideas.