Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops
Spice up some simple silver hoops with this awesome video tutorial for how to make bead earrings. Tapered Seed Bead Dangle Hoops add a cascade of shimmering metallic seed beads for a dynamic variation on your typical hoop earrings. Choose a variety of seed beads in a monochromatic color scheme to achieve this stunning effect. You won't believe how easy it is to make these gorgeous seed bead earrings.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two 4-inch pieces of 22-gauge wire
- 14 head pins
- glass seed beads in color(s) of your choice
- 16 small clear glass beads
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- 1-inch dowel
- jewelry hammer
- metal file
- Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop at one end of a 4-inch piece of wire. Shape wire into a hoop around 1-inch dowel. Repeat with second piece of wire. Pound hoops lightly with jewelry hammer to work harden. Use file to remove any burrs, and smooth cut ends flat.
- Slide 1 inch of seed beads onto a head pin. Use chain nose and round nose pliers to make a loop with remaining wire. Trim excess wire with wire cutters. Repeat to make one more 1-inch seed bead dangle. Then make four dangles each with 3/4 inches, 5/8 inches, and 1/2 inches of seed beads.
- Onto each wire hoop, slide the following: small clear bead > 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 1-inch dangle > small clear bead > 3/4-inch dangle > small clear bead > 5/8-inch dangle > small clear bead> 1/2-inch dangle > small clear bead.
- Use chain nose pliers to slightly bend last 3/8-inch or so of hoop. This end goes through the ear and then hooks onto the loop made in step one.
Ready to learn more about DIY earrings? Download this free ebook, How to Make Earrings: 5 Wonderful Wire Earrings for plenty of gorgeous earring ideas.
Read Next3-Minute Red Bead Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 30, 2018
These earrings look so easy to make, in fact I made a pair very similar to these a few years back when I was trying to come up with a few ideas and toying with maybe starting my own Etsy store to earn some extra cash. Mine were just like this except that I did not use a wire hammer instead I just used premade ear wires.
May 19, 2017
Cute, easy, inexpensive and fun to make. You can go with any color that tickles your fancy. These are great stocking stuffers come Christmas. I always have a few pair on hand just in case. One little bit of info, you can buy the hoops already made, you pop them open, slide on the beads, closed the ring and just add a hook to the top. I change up hooks from French to snap back and do on. They are very inexpensive and save you from having to buy and cut wire.
Jun 29, 2016
So cute are these Tapered seed bead dangle earrings and with this video tutorial it explains how not only to make the earrings but also to make your own hoops. I love how you can custom the bead colors you want to make it coordinate with your outfit for a super cool look. I think I am going to play with the length of the dangle and make some earrings longer and some shorter depending on who I will be making them for.
Apr 26, 2014
Ilove making these earrings. I bought pre-made hoops. So fun!
gdyeschroeder 6710 803
Oct 19, 2013
This was alot of work and it looked great after I spent all the time to assemble it. BUT the 22 gauge wire bends very easily and is mishapen when you try to put them on. A waste of time. You can't use a larger gauge wire because the beads won't fit onto it. The wire is just too flimsy to hold its shape.
Feb 08, 2014
Did you take the time to work harden the hoop after you made it? If you didn't then yes the wire will be too soft. You have to pound them several times with a leather head or rubber head hammer to stiffen them before you put the dangles on.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use