28 Jewelry Designs from Household Items
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Jewelry-making supplies can be expensive, but a modest budget shouldn't stop you from creating cool new accessories. The next time you're in the mood to make some DIY jewelry, why not take a look around your house for supplies? You'd be amazed at how many different ways there are to make chic DIY jewelry from common household items. With this collection of 28 Jewelry Designs from Household Items, you'll learn how to make unexpected jewelry from hardware, bracelets from pop cans, and earrings from paper clips. These projects are good for the environment and perfect for the budget-friendly crafter.
Your home is full of jewelry making gems that won’t cost you a cent. You just need some inspiration to learn how to use them! Rock some recycled bracelets to show off on your wrist paired with a gorgeous pair of recycled earrings. Want a new necklace? We have suggestions on how to make recycled necklaces that are perfect for any occasion. Making jewelry out of unexpected everyday materials will let your jewelry creativity really shine. After all, a true jewelry maker can make beautiful pieces out of any materials, not just pricey ones from the store!
More of a visual learner? We've included a video tutorial on how to make a cute ring out of a tile! Yup, you read that right! Check it out below:
Table of Contents
Thrifty Ways to Make Necklaces
DIY necklaces are some of the most rewarding jewelry projects, but the sheer number of beads and supplies required for them can make them a little intimidating. If you're crafting on a budget, these designs are your ticket to fabulous statement necklaces at a fraction of store-bought prices. Update your DIY necklace collection without taking so much as a step outside.
There are recycled necklaces ideas for all kinds of materials in this collection! From spare paper clips in your desk to bottle caps in the kitchen, you never know what beautiful necklaces you can make from the junk you have in your home.
Got some old jewelry that you can't bear to part with, but don't know what to do with them? Get some inspiration on How to Upcycle Jewelry
Clever Bracelet Patterns
Make a bracelet with household items the next time you get the urge to do some jewelry making, and be amazed at how lovely the results are. Any one of these DIY bracelets would make a lovely addition to your handmade jewelry collection. So take a look around the house for pretty crafting odds and ends. The only time you'll need to leave the house will be to show off your fabulous new DIY bracelets.
Want even more unexpected jewelry ideas? Make sure to check out these Unexpectedly Spectacular: 50 Unique Jewelry Ideas
DIY Earrings from Anything
Earring wires, odds and ends, and five minutes are all you need to have yourself a wonderful new pair of earrings. Take crafting to new levels of cleverness and sophistication with the help of the DIY earring patterns in this collection. These creative handmade earrings lend themselves to any outfit and occasion, and they're easy to make with items that you're sure to find lying around your house. Your friends will be amazed when they learn that you are wearing recycled earrings!
More Must-Make Recycled Jewelry
Here's the deal: if you want to make a jewelry set with the things you have around your house, you can use anything from leather belts to glass. When you want a brand-new jewelry set straight from home, these adorable DIY jewelry tutorials come to the rescue. You'll have sweet style in no time with the help of these great projects. Plus, these budget-friendly jewelry projects will amaze your friends and family!
What is the most unusual jewelry project you have ever made?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Flower Earrings Tutorial with Vinyl
These recycled DIY jewelry projects won't break the bank!
Denim DIY Wrap Bracelet
How to Upcycle Jewelry
Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Abintra Paper Beads Tutorial
Magical Recycled Glass Pendant
Chic Recycled Crafts: 14 Recycled Jewelry Tutorials
Colorful Recycled Denim Beads
Vintage Pendulum Necklace
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Wire Wrapped Design--How to Make Bracelet with Beads and Wire
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make Beaded Dangling Hoop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Original DIY - How to Make Beaded Chain Tassel Earrings
- Turquoise Teardrop Copper Necklace
- Sapphire Chandelier Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Glass Pearl Dangle Earrings
- Easy Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Chip Gemstone Bead Chain Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on how to Make Beautiful Glass Cabochon Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials