How to Make a Trendy Chain Earring and Necklace Set
Learn How to Make a Trendy Chain Earring and Necklace Set that will inspire jealousy in all of your friends the next time you go out on the town. It's one of our favorite jewelry making videos because it's so easy to put together!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings, Necklace
- Ear wires
- Length of chain (used in video Curb Link Fine 2.5 mm)
- Various size jumprings
- Cutters (for chain)
- Jewelry pliers
- Set out the design you would like using the jump rings. I used 4 jump rings alternating between small, large, small, large.
- Cut the chain into 3 inch lengths (6 total, 3 for each earring).
- Using jewelry pliers (or by hand if jump rings allow it) open small jump ring and attach to ear wire.
- Open jump rings and attach to each other in the order you have set out.
- Open the large jump ring and thread the 3 pieces of chain onto them and then attach that jump ring to the earring.
- Cut long piece of chain - long enough to go over your head.
- Cut 5 or 6 lengths of chain - I used 5 pieces of 3 inch lengths.
- Place the pieces of chain on the jump ring
- Then thread one side of the long chain on the jump ring and the other side of the long chain on the other side of the jump ring.
- Close jump ring.
Read NextSleek Hematite Heart Bracelet