Easy Lace Earring Tutorial
Want some pretty and feminine earrings to wear out this weekend? Well this is one of our free jewelry making projects that's perfect for you! The Easy Lace Earring Tutorial will show you how to make a pair in under 10 minutes!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- (2) Ear wires
- (2) 5mm jump rings
- Long-nose pliers
- Lace fabric
- Fabric stiffener, an iron, and a rag OR white school glue, a disposable brush, and a protected surface
- Optional: craft paint and a sponge brush
- Cut out your desired lace pattern. Cut a second for other earring.
- Choose your stiffening method! If you want a touch of stiffness, then follow Method #1. If you want a lot of stiffness, then follow Method #2. For Method #1, lay your lace motifs on a rag and follow the fabric stiffener’s instructions. For Method #2, lay your lace motifs on a protected surface and brush on the white glue, covering all areas and the reverse side as well. Let dry.
- Optional: If you want to add a fun touch to your lace earrings, you can paint them. Just stipple the paint on your lace motifs using a sponge brush. Remember to paint the opposite side! Let dry.
- Open a jump ring and poke it through a lace motif. Attach an ear wire and close the jump ring. Repeat for other earring.